non-iphone/android apps ?

mog812
mog812 Posts: 66
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
any one on here use apps for cycling/training, that are not of the iphone or android variety (only got a htc windoze phone thing) ?
One I am currently looking at is called... runsat, v1.17, i think
any experience with this app?

Thoughts, ideas and/or comments most appreciated.

Many thanks for your time.

Mog.

Comments

• snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    Not tried that one but have used both mapmyride and strava on my htc.

Found strava easier but more basic and with mapmyride you can add what you have eaten if you are calorie counting etc.
  • My tracks is very good. I've also been trying map my ride and endomondo which are very similar. Out of the 3 I'd say mytracks provides better stats for speed because it will tell you both average and moving average speeds. On the other hand the other apps will estimate calories burnt. They're all free so you might as well download them all and test for yourself.
  • whist working on "i" phone and android i believe endomondo also works on other systems
    put the fun between your legs
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    whist working on "i" phone and android i believe endomondo also works on other systems

works on blackberry too, might have to have a try of that one :)
  • i may just add, i had endomondo as a free application, it used a fair bit of the battery, when i upgraded to endomondo pro, it used much less power, and seemed much more accurate comparing to bike speedo
    put the fun between your legs