TF Tuned - Great Service

Ghostt
Ghostt Posts: 192
edited May 2012 in MTB general
Just a bit of positive feedback, ordered a fork from TF Tuned (RS Sektor RL Dual Position) on Friday, had a chat with a technician on Monday and it arrived Tuesday all set up and ready to go. The technician was very helpful in sorting out which spring rate to go for as I'm a lightweight (only 10st with riding gear!) but didn't want a ridiculously soft fork.

Only ordered from them originally because it was the cheapest I could find the 15mm axle version in stock but would definitely recommend them, particularly with coil forks/shocks, as they come set up how you want them and ready to ride.
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T.S. Eliot

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    They did an excellent job of modifying & tuning my Lyrik. It has gone from a poorly controlled, un-damped fork which just blew through all it's travel to an extremely well controlled fork which is much more plush but takes bigger hits without bottoming & their set up was just one click away from perfect for me.
    Need to get my Fox Van R rear shock sorted next, maybe a Push tune.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    They messed up an order for me. Ordered a refresh kit for 2011 revelations, got sent the seals for 2005 Pikes.

But, credit where it's due, I sent them an email on Saturday, got an apology first thing on Monday and the correct parts were waiting for me when I got home today. So, overall I'm impressed with that.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    my expereince of tf-tuned had been pretty poor tbh, as has a few friends. they buggered up my forks to such an extent that they actually ate the o-ring on the stanchion, and it took a full strip-down of the lowers to get it out again, kinda defeats the point of the service, and they wanted nothing to do with it when I told them what had happened. likewise with a mate's shock, they fitted the wrong o-ring to his rp3 and it completely fucked it up, to the point it was effectively spares and repairs, and was forced to buy a new shock. again tf wanted nothing to do with it. Won't be using them again thats for sure!
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I ordered my Recon fork from them, and when I called them they said that the one I wanted wasn't in stock, so they'd send me the next model up (same thing with remote lock-out) for the same price. Which was very nice of them, so they get my vote
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    I've used TF to service several sets of Boxxers in the past and they've always been spot on. Ordered a set of R2C2s off them a few weeks back on a thursday, they arrived friday all set up perfectly with the correct spring. The only issue is that they are really overpriced, as are Mojo. 80 odd quid to take the fork apart and clean it / change the oil is a bit much.

I went to see Jamie at J-Tech a few weeks back after I picked up the new bike and he did a stellar job on my forks for me, and also swapped the spring on my rear shock and set it up properly for me all for £65 which I was pretty happy about. He's based by Shrewsbury too so I took it straight to the workshop so I could check the settings / car park test it when I picked it up.

http://www.j-techsuspension.co.uk/ worth a look especially if you're west mid based.