Borrow / Rent / Demo a Mountain Bike - Manchester

sdavies141
sdavies141 Posts: 49
edited May 2012 in MTB general
Anyone know where you can borrow or rent a bike near manchester?

I have a mate coming up for the weekend and want to go to a trail centre but it is fairly unlikely that we will finish before 4pm when they want the bike back by.

Obviously asking my mates if they have a bike I can borrow but would be good to get another backup option .....

I know its cheeky but how do you demo a bike :-)

Thanks

Sam

Comments

• Mikelancs
    Mikelancs Posts: 99
    If your demoing from an lbs or Evans say at Trafford centre then I think normally you pay fullrice for the bike say o. A credit card and then when you return with the bike they refund it back. But be prepared then for a hard sell!.

Can't you hire a bike ? I know some LBS' hire bikes out nowadays.
    2012 Giant TCR Composite 3
  • jonnyboy77
    jonnyboy77 Posts: 547
    Giant seem to have a good policy, here's an email I got back from my local Giant Store after asking about a ride of the Anthem X 29er:
    Thanks for your enquiry. We have demo bikes available at the shop for you to test ride. If you require a different size to those in store we can order a suitable bike from Giant for you to have a go on.

We charge £30 for a weekend of riding which is refundable against any bicycle purchase. We also have various interest free payment options if you are interested in this.

Please give the shop a call to arrange a ride and they will be happy to answer any further questions too.

Kind Regards,

Jonathan
    Manager
    Giant Store

Seems like a good policy! I also took a day long test ride of a Trek Fuel EX8 from my LBS, this was free and very useful. Treak have a test ride policy, you can use their UK website to locate your local dealer that participates in their test ride scheme http://locator.demodaze.co.uk/

Edited to add - no hard sell experienced in either case.

Hope this helps

Jon
    Commuting between Twickenham <---> Barbican on my trusty Ridgeback Hybrid - url=http://strava.com/athletes/125938/badge]strava[/url
  • sdavies141
    That is great thanks for the heads up!
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Cooksons at Whitefield are good, they wanted £30 for a full day (Trek Fuel EX) . Sure you could blag it to return in the morning.
  • sdavies141