Some road cyclists.

willhub
willhub Posts: 821
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
So I was cycling to college, in my normal clothes as usual, my panniers which contain my laptop, 3 folders, couscous, 1 litre bottle of water, banana, flapjack, plugs, change, Kryptonite etc...

So there is this lycra clad road cyclist who I appear to be closing in on, got this orange bag thing on his back, anyway he's track standing getting annoyed by the red light, he darts off, anyway I start cycling, and I ended up behind him, and because he was going slower than I wanted to go, I decided to overtake, well at this point it was an undertake, because for some reason he was on the outside of the buslane, despite the cycle lane being a better and clearer surface, so I undertake him.

Mr cyclist here does not like it and clearly has to beat me by doing sprinting and getting the satisfaction he craves by overtaking me, except, the numpty went right through a narrow line of cars at about 25mph straight through a red light, and he was only going up the road not far before turning off.

These people should face the full wrath of the law and get hit with the death penalty.

Comments

• Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Wait a minute - WTF are you doing with cous cous?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Redhog14 wrote:

He was going to stir fry it with the banana and flapjack. :lol:
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    willhub wrote:
    So I was cycling to college, in my normal clothes as usual, my panniers which contain my laptop, 3 folders, couscous, 1 litre bottle of water, banana, flapjack, plugs, change, Kryptonite etc...

So there is this lycra clad road cyclist who I appear to be closing in on, got this orange bag thing on his back, anyway he's track standing getting annoyed by the red light, he darts off, anyway I start cycling, and I ended up behind him, and because he was going slower than I wanted to go, I decided to overtake, well at this point it was an undertake, because for some reason he was on the outside of the buslane, despite the cycle lane being a better and clearer surface, so I undertake him.

Mr cyclist here does not like it and clearly has to beat me by doing sprinting and getting the satisfaction he craves by overtaking me, except, the numpty went right through a narrow line of cars at about 25mph straight through a red light, and he was only going up the road not far before turning off.

These people should face the full wrath of the law and get hit with the death penalty.

A bit harsh. Maybe wish for a few spokes to snap or his saddle to fall off when he's sprinting/climbing and not realise until he sits down! :twisted:
    I hate that with motorists, dash past to overtake then take the next turning 20 mtrs along the road. Knobcheese's.
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    willhub wrote:
    So I was cycling to college, in my normal clothes as usual, my panniers which contain my laptop, 3 folders, couscous, 1 litre bottle of water, banana, flapjack, plugs, change, Kryptonite etc....

BREAKING NEWS - Bhimas support crew is willhub.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    johnfinch wrote:
    Redhog14 wrote:

He was going to stir fry it with the banana and flapjack. :lol:

Is he on a health blitz then? This time last year he would have deep fried it and then covered it with a coating of microwaved Mars bar ;)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    There's just something about urban cycling. Every time I ride to work I pass people in Cardiff while just cruising along, next set of lights I stop and they just float through on red. I then re-pass them only for them to do the same again at the next lights. As I said to one bloke who kept doing it, learn to ride faster and you won't have to risk your life!
  • willhub
    If he'd have sat behind me on red he probably could have out accelerated me, my bike really does feel heavy, around 30kg with the panniers and when I set off from a light it's like I set off but the bike stays on the line.

I am "on a diet", rather just slightly cut down on fat.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    It's just the commute. leave them to get on with it altho' when my girlfriend hammers past them on her fixie that really gets their back up. Often they go past and then freewheel anyway so you might as well sit on their wheel
    M.Rushton
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Lycra clad roadie 1

Casual Hipster carrying Couscous 0

Sorry,but i make a it win for the Roadie.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • willhub
    Lycra clad roadie 1

I'm always 0 because I actually stop at red lights.
  • BillyMansell
    BillyMansell Posts: 817
    Ah, the old commuter's tale of being fully laden yet breezing along beating everyone else on the road whilst everyone else is riding on the rivet doing what they can just to keep up.

It never tires.
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    I've had the same thing by the same woman a couple of times in the last week. I wait at red lights, then she comes up from behind me, overtakes, and makes sure she is ahead of me at the lights. Then sprints away from the lights as if shes Cav. We then both turn left up a hill, at which point I just sail past her (ok, i'm putting some effort in as I dont want her to win) but still, know your place. Dont give it the big balls at the lights then be poo on the hill.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • Teece
    Teece Posts: 138
    y33stu wrote:
    Dont give it the big balls at the lights then be poo on the hill.

Made me laugh out loud in an almost silent staffroom! :lol:
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    willhub wrote:

what is it with people on here and superman? are you trying to nobble DDD :wink:

but otherwise, perfectly reasonable opinion, I'll never be a RLJ apologista
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Where do you go to college, Tehran Polytechnic?
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    willhub wrote:

Who cares :roll:

Anyway what type of plugs? Ear... Power... Bu...oh :oops:
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    willhub wrote:

Ear or butt? :twisted:
    Edit. Sorry, I was so keen to be hilarious I did'nt even read the second post. :oops:
  • willhub
    Plug for plug socket.

And as for where do I study, why else would I have Kryptonite on me? Obviously I commute to the planet Krypton and back every day.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    willhub wrote:
    Plug for plug socket.

And as for where do I study, why else would I have Kryptonite on me? Obviously I commute to the planet Krypton and back every day.

From Iran?
  • upperoilcan
    willhub wrote:
    Lycra clad roadie 1

I'm always 0 because I actually stop at red lights.

Mind you if i lived where you do i would suspect running a red light could possibly result in a public stoning or hanging

And for the record this response is also tongue in cheek. :wink:
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • upperoilcan
    Double post. :shock:
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    Its that diss deadline looming, get some prozac or whatever illicit substances are kicking around the campus. Take care of your own safety... never mind the rest and practice your track stands!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    willhub wrote:
    Plug for plug socket.

From Iran?

He IS Superman! :o
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    :lol::lol::lol: Cous funking cous. Good on you young man, at least its a bit better than yer 5 mars bars per day
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    Fastlad wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol: Cous funking cous. Good on you young man, at least its a bit better than yer 5 mars bars per day

Surely you jest? Couscous is the devils own toe jam. One, I would imagine would have a more enjoyable repast from licking up grit from the gutter.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Ah, the old commuter's tale of being fully laden yet breezing along beating everyone else on the road whilst everyone else is riding on the rivet doing what they can just to keep up.

It never tires.

Except (1) Will is a decent cyclist, so he doesn't really have all that much to prove.
    Except (2) That isn't really what he was saying anyway.

Will, do the pupils at The University of Tehran look down their noses at you lot from the Poly? :D
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    There was a great quote in the SCR thread from Green Brompton last week. Lycra clad roadie was heard saying "Oh for f@cks sake!" as he was passed by a girl on a Brompton. The poor bloke probably hasn't gone out since. I'd love to have seen that.