Police and the RLJ Truck

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
Fed up with vehicles RLJing the one crossing I use, I reported a truck about 5 weeks ago. The police only finally got back to me on Saturday morning to get final details. It turns out the vehicle belongs to a company with which the police have had particular issues on RLJing. I'm bewildered as to why it would take them 5 weeks to follow up on this and how much less effective this delay will make the warning they plan to give (I don't suppose the driver will remember the incident). Even more so with a company that has previous form in this area. The Northern Constabulary isn't exactly the hardest-pressed force as crime levels are amongst the lowest in the UK.
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    I have had the same with councils and taxi's

"I'm sorry but the driver does not remember the incident", 6-8 weeks after the fact

My response which i'm sure they pass back to the driver is - " next time I will drag him out of the car by his throat, will he remember me then.......?"

its amazing that to actually have some recourse you have to commit assault
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I blame wiggle.