Locked Topics? Speaking of the unspoken?

Laard
Laard Posts: 17
edited April 2012 in Road beginners
Just noted that a post made earlier has been locked, as has almost every other post that contains the Dave Hinde name - is this just a coincidence?

All I want is some honest feedback from guys n gals who ride a Hinde machine. No slagging matches, no bullsh!te, just some plain and simple, and honest information.
Is this too much to ask for or am I really asking a question on a subject that surpasses the allowed taboo. If I am then I guess my original question has been answered.

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Of course - Dave Hinde or someone associated with the company would never ever join this forum to try and recoup the company name would they!!

Try a search - there's good feedback for Mr Hinde - mostly from Post Count = 1 members
  • Laard
    Well that is always a risk of public access forums but that is why these places are so good

This post is more about why the posts get locked so damned quickly - any ideas
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    I gave reasons both times for locking the threads :).
  • Laard
    Hi Rick C

As a newbie on here, or rather a returning geriatric, where do the reasons get posted?

Thanks
  • Laard
    RickC
    I just re read your comment on my earlier thread and didnt interprit it as you were locking it, thats what confused me (doesnt take much on a Sunday with weather forced cabin fever!).
    Make sense now although you hardly gave anyobe a fair chance to actually post a response, which defeats the purpose of a forum in the first place. I have broad enough shoulders not to be concerned at comments that some tits leave on here.
    Laters, Laard
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    Let's face it. The thread wasn't locked due to the comments about Dave Hinde.

Personally, I hope the OP did get his bike back fixed, with no problems and would like to hear of that.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • Laard
    Me too

I would be interested to know if anyone out there knows if the OP got his bike fixed too.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    Sure. I locked the first thread since it descended into a slanging match, and the second since the question had recently been covered, and has been covered many times before. I think there were even links to all the other threads discussing it too.
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    did the op of the first locked topic ever comment on his/her service in the end?

got bored trying to find out after it turned into a bit of a slanging match.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    FSR_XC wrote:
    Let's face it. The thread wasn't locked due to the comments about Dave Hinde.

Personally, I hope the OP did get his bike back fixed, with no problems and would like to hear of that.

why the interest? relocating to Northwich?... as someone born there and the misfortune to support the Vics, it's a candidate for shittiest town thread... really it is.. one day it will sink into ground completely.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Laard wrote:
    RickC
    I have broad enough shoulders not to be concerned at comments that some tits leave on here.
    Laters, Laard

7 posts and you're already name calling people who have posted on here for years :roll:
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    EDIT: replied to wrong post
  • Laard
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Laard wrote:
    RickC
    I have broad enough shoulders not to be concerned at comments that some tits leave on here.
    Laters, Laard

7 posts and you're already name calling people who have posted on here for years :roll:

After receiving personal messages from certain individuals from my original post, and having been registered previously on here for a good while, I feel quite justified in "calling people" as you must admit there are a good number of members who seem to take great pleasure in trying to big themselves up by belittling others. Funny to read but quite annoying when a simple question has been asked and answers are not forthcoming.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    I suspect the fact that you got no replies about the bike speaks volumes - very few people have been prepared to take the risk of buying one. I also looked at the bikes when I first got back into cycling and they seemed a fantastic buy but the amount of people who had problems getting what they paid for put me off and that was before I read all the accounts of abuse and threats the customers got when they complained. It's a real shame as the bikes really do look like good value but I think in most cases people just can't afford to take the chance. By contrast, if you ask about other good value buys such as Ribble, Planet X or Boardman then you will get loads of people saying they've got one and the vast majority are positive about the product although there will always be a few with complaints.
  • Laard
    Hi Pross,

I think you have summed my original question up perfectly in one key phrase "the fact that you got no replies about the bike speaks volumes - very few people have been prepared to take the risk of buying one".
    Such a shame as a fairly high spec bike c/w Di2 would have fitted my requiremnets nicely, looks like its time to save a little bit longer and plunge for the Canyon AL 9.0, unfortunatly another 30% more funds needed.

Thanks guys, in a very round about way you have helped me no end and probably saved me risking good money and a criminal record after I drive my pick up through a shop window trying to get my money back.