Anti-Size + Lubricant?

Yacoby
Yacoby Posts: 211
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
I have some lithium grease which I have just noticed (on here) that apparently it shouldn't be used for non bearing applications. (Not as an anti seize agent). I don't understand why (I am not a chemist) but I was wondering what people recommended I buy as an anti-seize/water protection agent? (Seatposts, where the pedal goes in the crankarm etc)

Comments

• hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    Yacoby wrote:
    I have some lithium grease which I have just noticed (on here) that apparently it shouldn't be used for non bearing applications. (Not as an anti seize agent). I don't understand why (I am not a chemist) but I was wondering what people recommended I buy as an anti-seize/water protection agent? (Seatposts, where the pedal goes in the crankarm etc)

Seatpost you can use lub.

Generally speaking pedals and other components such as screws etc all should use anti seize because you don't want them to bond together so that in the future you will have a very hard time taken them off.

So no you shouldn't use the grease as an anti seize agent. You use your grease for bbs and headsets etc when you need to stop wather in and give it a tight seal and also to give the lub.
  • Yacoby
    Yacoby Posts: 211
    Ok, cheers.