Pilot 1.2 '08 Commuter

DesB3rd
DesB3rd Posts: 285
edited April 2012 in Your road bikes
After having my SCR2 stolen :evil: from the station this is the bike I picked up to replace it. The right size, £100 and clearly not stolen, seemed to fit the bill.

The original wheels were getting past it so I got the Pro-Lite Luccianos - they were going cheap and suited the look of the bike. One of the Tiagra brifters gave up shortly afterwards, Merlin were doing a full 105-5600 compact groupo for a modest amount more than a pair of brifters, so the whole 105/tiagra mixed triple went in the bin - the shifting is much better & the bike noticeably lighter! The stem was upward raking & way up on spacers - so a longer, downward raking one went on the spacers came out. Hefty, old SPDs also went for a pair of KEOs.

The general effect has been to make the bike a bit lighter and better looking, while still v. subtle/grown-up & less like a tourer, I'm still not keen the compact frame/sloping top tube but small beer, it rides nicely and I like a bike that's my project & not just a product!

Next up would be a new saddle, just need to find a local shop that does a sit-bone measure up. Then the brakes. Then the frame & there'll be nothing original left...

Comments