Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
I want one of these. :shock:
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    So how do you take "the laser unit from a PlayStation 3 Blu-ray drive, though a variety of high powered laser pointers could also do the trick" and turn that into "a weapon [that] could inflict considerable wounds"?

Surely there isn't enough power in one of those lasers to be a weapon :?:
  • Some (over) powered laser-pointers will pop a balloon and burn out your retinas for sure. They are illegal in my country Sweden and and possibly in all of the EU.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Ask OffTheBackAdam - he'll get you one
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Set Faces to stunned!

I'll get my coat.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Am I being accused of being a Treky or an arms' dealer? :lol:
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    'Wicked Lasers' will flog you eye-burningly hazardous lasers irresponsibly styled as lightsabers. Their most stupidly dangerous product (you have to hope this one is largely a publicity stunt) is a double-ended 'Darth Maul' style laser:

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Sith ... 12-63.html
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Am I being accused of being a Treky or an arms' dealer? :lol:

If you were an arms dealer you must be earning a packet and can afford lots of cosmetic surgery! If you are a Treky, you have special powers and that would explain things. How did I come to that conclusion? I hit page 416 in Cake stop accidentally - there you were, 5 years ago, looking as good as you do now, no wrinkles nothing!
    You are either a sad basket or an integral part of the BR forum and community - a pillar!! :D
    (Quietly wondering if I am going to get away with that... I'm not getting my coat, but I am going to duck)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Set Faces to stunned!
    Round these here parts it's 'set phasers tae malky' I'll have you know.

Mind you, if Chewbacca* came from Glasgow, he'd be five foot six and smell of fags......

*....yes, I know: Chewbacca wasn't in Star Trek.
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    scarylaser.gif

A laser which is capable of writing to a disc can be made to burn other things. Very nasty as the beam is inra-red and you can't see ( :roll: ) the damage being done.

The older I get, the better I was.