WHICH CYCLOCROSS TO BUY

baz69
baz69 Posts: 94
edited April 2012 in Road buying advice
hi all ,looking to buy a cyclocross bike currently have a cube attempt and a giant anthem x4 ,missus has started cycling so doing mostly 60k road spins with some canal paths the only off road stuff is fairly tame so no real need for 2 bikes ,iam thinkig of getting rid of both bikes and goin for a cyclocross ,which one would be best to do both sportives and some light xc no jumps or real rough terrain .only ones i have seen so far are boardman and ridley x-fire
any info or advice much appreciated .

Comments

• ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Kinesis cross light. Good British bikes.

Canondale, Colnago, Specialized, Trek.... All do a cross bike. Depends very much on what you spend. Canondale gets good reviews for a £1k bike with 105. I bought a Kinesis Crosslight 4 for £300 off EBay. Been a fantastic bad weather training bike and great on tow paths and the old railway line ride from Scarborough to Whitby :D .
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • Marcus_C
    Marcus_C Posts: 183
    Have you a budget in mind? Also, you got an lbs where you can try anything out? I have a Bianchi crosser, been thinking of getting a caadx frameset though instead, not that it's a bad bike or anything....
    - Genesis Equilibrium Athena
    - Cannondale CAADX Force/105/Rival
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    Caadx is a great bike I love mine. I swop wheels to suit what im doing and seem to ride it more than my carbon bikes these days. I find mine a bit light on the front and the maddux wheels are ......well ....poo

Ive built up some open pros on 105 hubs and its even allowed me to gain some KOMs on strava.

The frame is lightish and looks far better in the flesh I paid £950 for mine and with 105 on it you cant go wrong
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    Caadx is a great bike I love mine. I swop wheels to suit what im doing and seem to ride it more than my carbon bikes these days. I find mine a bit light on the front and the maddux wheels are ......well ....poo

Ive built up some open pros on 105 hubs and its even allowed me to gain some KOMs on strava.

The frame is lightish and looks far better in the flesh I paid £950 for mine and with 105 on it you cant go wrong
  • baz69
    baz69 Posts: 94
    thanks for all info so far ,nobody local to try a caadx out my lbs do giant trek and ridley ,i have a budget of about £1500 the prob is my lbs will take my anthem as part x on a ridley x fire and hes looking after me bought my last three bikes from him ,i like look of ridley but dont know much about them so if anyone has any info on ridley specific that would be great.