Norco

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited April 2012 in MTB general
Have Norco bikes improved a lot in the last couple of years? Their older DH & freeride bikes were pretty poor unless you just ride northshore. I'm actually considering a Norco Aurum instead of a Giant Glory. Looks like their build quality has improved massively and their suspension design looks pretty good.
Have they come on a lot since the Atomik and Shore?

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Their build quality was never really an issue, if anything, they were overbuilt.
    What a lot of UK riders didn't like was the fast, twitchy handling characteristics. Their DH bikes have eased up a little recently, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    For what it's worth the Norco Sight has just won WMB bike of the year. Probably less travel than what you need but seems like a positive sign for the company.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The 2012 Aurum looks like it has pretty sorted geometry & looks a lot less agricultural than the old Atomik.
    It is a lot cheaper than the Glory & Moorwood I was thinking of buying, I also liked the look of the GT Fury until I read some bad reviews.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i really like their new redesigned dh bike, the aurum. similar to a glory. the dirt norco team have given back really good feedback plus they looks really nice and are well designed
  • Markmjh
    Markmjh Posts: 415
    i had an old sasquatch for years. Put some quality parts on it and one of the best handling bikes i've owned.
    Never had a hint of an issue, and went for it as i am a big guy and used to ride quite hard.
    Was faultless, have never ridden a norco fs though so can't comment on them.
    Ride Crash Ride Again