Help! - I've just got a Dragon Ride entry...

craker
craker Posts: 1,739
I've just swapped a Dartmoor 100mile place for a Dragon Ride entry - now its dawning on me the this ride is two weeks sooner and 40 miles further.

So there's about 5 weeks to go and I need to plan what rides to do to make me confident enough to start the Dragon Ride.

Now I did a 100 mile audax at the end of March and I've run a few half marathons this year so I've got a decent level of base fitness. I commute ~100 miles a week but I wonder if ten miles rides here and there are useful in this context.

I'm pretty time pressed but would consider taking a few half and full days off work in the next weeks to get long rides in. Is one longer ride a week enough?

Or I could do the Medio fondo (127km) on the day though I did have greater ambition than this (at the start of the year :D )

Comments

• speshsteve
    speshsteve Posts: 352
    you'll be absolutely fine, its not that hard a ride and if you get into some good groups you'll find it no bother. Be good to get some long rides in so you get used to 6 hours or so in the saddle other then that your fitness sounds good.
    My Marmotte 2012 Blog:
    http://steve-lamarmotte2012.blogspot.com/
    cervelo R5 VWD
    Spesh Roubaix
    Genesis Equilibrium
    Spesh FSR Stumpy Expert
    Spesh M4 Stumpy
    Brompton SL2
    Giant TCX
    Canyon Grandcanyon 29er
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Yeah, no worries mate, just up your riding for may, take 4 or 5 days off before the ride and you will be fine. just train for the next 4 weeks well, quality not quantity, as the other poster said, get in with groups and have a great time.