hey, newbie from east yorkshire

loonzy
loonzy Posts: 4
edited April 2012 in MTB beginners
hi all. just got myself a new bike ordered and thought i would pop on here to say hi.

Im from Hull in East Yorkshire so if anyone is also from there then maybe i can join you one day after im up to scratch a little bit?

Anyway ive ordered a Claud Butler Cape Wrath 2 2011 xc and i cant wait till monday to get it.

Whats your opinions of that bike? I paid £400 for it.

:D

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not too bad for the money! Just keep on top of maintenance and will be fine, and maybe consider a fork upgrade in the future if you get more serious about MTBing.
  • loonzy
    great thanks for replying.

Yeah from what ive read the only downside is that the forks are a bit poorer than they could be. however i hear the quad tork breaks are good? i dont know anything about bikes so ill just go with it lol.

I intend hopefully to learn how to maintain it properly and also want to get into a bit of xc in places such as dalby forest which sounds cool.
  • bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    hi loonzy, get yourself over to the rides section. there are a lot of hull lads on there!
    we ride most weekends and i tend to do weekdays local riding.
  • loonzy
    hey bob, i will do that thanks.

might have to join in if thats ok after i get a bit fitter lol?

:lol:
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    Welcome to the family Ioonzy and theirs always some on here willing to help you have any problems with maintaining your bike lol :) .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    ........ i wouldnt worry about getting fitter! ;)

where do you ride at the moment?