Comfy MTB saddle?

Cr3do
Cr3do Posts: 89
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

I'm looking for some recommendations for a really comfy saddle! As the one on my new Rockrider 8.1 is just not getting better, even with padded shorts.

Please help.
Rockrider 8.1 (2011)

Comments

• Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    Charge Spoon is fairly cheap and compfy
  • widge34
    widge34 Posts: 900
    SDG Bel Air. Tried quite a few saddles, nothing as good as the Bel air.
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    All sit bones are different and it's the perennial how long is a piece of string question that has no right answer. What suits one, another will hate.

But main three to go at are WTB, Charge and SDG....and all are different. You'll go through a few before you find the right one. WTB Rocket V Race for me.
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    I went through the standard specialized saddle on my Rock Hopper, then a Charge Spoon. Neither worked for me. In the end had my sit bones measured by sitting on a memory foam pad at Evans ans subsequently bought a wider spec Phenom saddle for my fat ass. Still getting used to it, but touch wood it will pan out. I think a lot of Specialized dealers have these pads, so may be worth giving it a try?
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    i went for a spesh avatar gel saddle and its far comfier than my old fizik on my rockrider
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    The WTB range suit me. The Devo & Silverado are my favs. That said I'm curently using a standard One One Saddle and a SMP & they are fine too. I could never get on with many Fiziks - the Pave was awful. Other than that it's very hit and miss with me.

I agree with the earlier sit bones comment - crucial.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    +1 for the WTB, I really liked the Speed V that came as stock on my first bike. Since then after I swapped I have gone through a SDG Bel Air which I hated and a Charge Spoon which was great value but just wasn't quite right for me. I have now just bought a Specialized Phenom second hand off the classifieds and really liked that on the one occasion I've tried it so far.

But as above, nobody can recommend you a saddle for fit...we're all different. The Spesh fittings probably take a lot of trial and error away though if you can get yourself measured.
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise