Build your own mayor

MaxwellBygraves
MaxwellBygraves Posts: 1,353
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
You can build your own ideal London mayor here by selecting your favourite policies: http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/inte ... te-chooser

At the end it tells you from which candidate the policies you picked are from. Quite interesting. Have a go!

I was 50% Green Jenny, 30% Ken and 20% Brian. Happily no Boris :wink:
"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer

Comments

• nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Your mayor is...

60% Brian Paddick
    20% Jenny Jones
    10% Boris Johnson
    10% Ken Livingstone

Boris on Police (hangs head in shame), my defence is that the Tories are meant to be good on crime.

To be honest I would happily see London made into a separate country though.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Your mayor is...

50% Brian Paddick
    40% Ken Livingstone
    10% Jenny Jones

Glad I don't live in London! :lol:

TBH, many of the answers seemed pretty interchangeable anyway.......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    yaya Igot a mix of ken and the shaggable jenny - result.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Here you go, I'm amazed that Ken appears to have some policies worth considering!
    40% Boris Johnson
    20% Ken Livingstone
    20% Brian Paddick
    20% Jenny Jones
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    40% Boris
    40% Paddick
    20% Livingstone

Yikes, I'm turning into a sandal wearer :shock:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    I was 40% Paddick, 30% Ken, 20% Jenny Jones, 10% Boris.

But it wasn't quite fair wih me, since I knew which policy correlated with who - i tried to be as honest to myself as possible.

But yeah, people slate Paddick and are unlikely to vote for him, but on the policy front he's probably alright ;).
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996

But it wasn't quite fair wih me, since I knew which policy correlated with who - i tried to be as honest to myself as possible.

But yeah, people slate Paddick and are unlikely to vote for him, but on the policy front he's probably alright ;).

Paddick couldn't police his own garden. The higher they get all most of them worry about is the next rank and sticking to whatever budget they're running. They become managers not police officers.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Just realised I won't bother voting.

All the statements are just politician waffle. More police, lower fares, more trees... yada, yada, yada.
    Nothing gets done. Our hard earned money gets wasted on nonsense. Every single time.

Which one is creating 150k apprenticeships? How?
    exercise.png
  • Stevo_666
    Too late anyway, I've already posted my votes off :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Too late anyway, I've already posted my votes off :P

I'll be honest, trying to persuade you was pretty low on my priority list. Somewhere marked 'waste of time'. :P
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Meh, I'll wait for the Manchester version
  • Stevo_666
    I'll be honest, trying to persuade you was pretty low on my priority list. Somewhere marked 'waste of time'. :P
    A bit like campaigning for the Lib Dems then? :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    :) Probably.

At least I put my money where my mouth is!
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Do you spend your non cycling time getting photographed pointing at stuff for the tragic LD newsletters
  • rick_chasey
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Do you spend your non cycling time getting photographed pointing at stuff for the tragic LD newsletters

Probably.

I also shove those newsletters through people's doors, so smart arses like you can mock them :).
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300

Blimey! I got the same numbers as Rick. Should I be worried?
  • rick_chasey
    Veronese68 wrote:

Blimey! I got the same numbers as Rick. Should I be worried?

:lol: Yes. Yes you should.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Probably.

I also shove those newsletters through people's doors, so smart arses like you can mock them :).
    Must be fun having a scumbag for your party leader.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

Probably.

Absolute respect for getting involved with politics and such - but the Lib Dems - really?!
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    I'll take H'Angus, former Mayor of Hartlepool instead, please. Rather than ending up with the mixture of a few monkeys, I'll just start with one.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”