Fred Whitton- entry available

Due to a knee problem (patellar tracking) I haven't rode in weeks, so unfortunately won't be able to ride the Fred Whittonthis year.

If anybody wants the entry, drop me a pm and I will forward your details to the organiser, who will post you an entry form. You will have to pay £40 entry fee, but I'm not profiting from this. My entry will be deffered to next year, so I'm not losing my entry fee, and somebody who missed out this year gets a ride. Win win situation for us both(except I have to wait another 12months!).

Comments

• Anybody...?
  • robrauy
    robrauy Posts: 252
    Yes! One of my club mates is very keen for a place, but he doesn't have a BR account. Could you please pm me your email address and I'll pass it on to him...

Many thanks,

Rauf
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Sorry to pour cold water on this thread. You could have a problem transferring entries. The organisers don't have a facility for doing this or offering refunds. Registration now involves photo ID so you are unlikely to be able to ride on someone else's entry. Your only possibility is to ring the organisers and ask if they have any cancellations so that you can put in an official entry
  • robrauy
    robrauy Posts: 252
    Ah, OK thanks. Was wondering if this would have been possible

Rauf
  • Nickwill- I spoke to the organiser Paul Lofthouse over the phone last week. It is possible to transfer an entry before 6th May, but as stated above, you will have to pay the £40 entey fee. An entry form will be posted.Somebody riding under my name however is not possible. Rauf you have a pm.
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Nickwill- I spoke to the organiser Paul Lofthouse over the phone last week. It is possible to transfer an entry before 6th May, but as stated above, you will have to pay the £40 entey fee. An entry form will be posted.Somebody riding under my name however is not possible. Rauf you have a pm.
    That's good news. I wasn't trying to interfere just worried about people being disappointed! Rauf, you have a treat in store!
  • That's fair enough. This is a forum after all and I did want to be clear that I can't just transfer an entry, it is basically a new entry where the rider still has to pay the organisers.

Entry still available...
  • diamondd
    diamondd Posts: 2
    I'm in the same boat - unable to ride next weekend. Happy to let my place go but would really like to get my £40 back if at all possible. Have just emailed the organisers and will see what they say.
    Dave
  • diamondd
    diamondd Posts: 2
    diamondd wrote:
    I'm in the same boat - unable to ride next weekend. Happy to let my place go but would really like to get my £40 back if at all possible. Have just emailed the organisers and will see what they say.
    Dave

yup. if anyone would like my place then let me know tomorrow (sat) and they'll send out new entry form.

ta
    dave
    e: davestanton94 at gmailetcetera