Interesting Fact

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Londoners are 3 times more likely to commit theft than those scallies in the north west.*

(excluding Cleat)

*ok so the 'fact' came from Britain Unzipped. (only had on it because Willabooby was on it)

Comments

• Richard_D
    Richard_D Posts: 320
    Interesting but I am not surprised. The Beeb a few months ago published some of the national crime statistics and though for theft Liverpool was in the top ten it was below three different boroughs of London, Peterborough and Nottingham I think. In effect no better nor no worse than other big cities.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Richard_D wrote:
    Interesting but I am not surprised. The Beeb a few months ago published some of the national crime statistics and though for theft Liverpool was in the top ten it was below three different boroughs of London, Peterborough and Nottingham I think. In effect no better nor no worse than other big cities.

I'm from Middlesbrough and even I think P'boro is a scary place.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • LeicesterLad
    jordan_217 wrote:
    Richard_D wrote:

I used to go Peterborough quite alot to watch the Posh with a mate. Absolute sh*t heap.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,718

I used to go Peterborough.....Absolute sh*t heap.

Never agreed with you more.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Londoners are 3 times more likely to commit theft than those scallies in the north west.

Because people in the North West have nothing worth stealing?

Because the North Westerners all go to London to do their theiving?

Because it rains so much in the North West nobody leaves their house long enough to get burgled?
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    jordan_217 wrote:
    Richard_D wrote:

I used to go Peterborough quite alot to watch the Posh with a mate. Absolute sh*t heap.

It's not even the look of the place. I've had early morning appointments at the Passport Office and even at 0900 on a Saturday morning you feel like you could be assaulted/mugged at any time. The place just has an atmosphere that only a concentration of scrotes could exude.

I never get the same feeling anywhere else, at home or abroad.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • LeicesterLad
    GiantMike wrote:
    Londoners are 3 times more likely to commit theft than those scallies in the north west.

Because people in the North West have nothing worth stealing?

Because the North Westerners all go to London to do their theiving?

Because it rains so much in the North West nobody leaves their house long enough to get burgled?

:lol:
  • afs
    afs Posts: 5
    I am from Nottingham and have had 2 bike stolen in the last 2 months, so I very much believe that Notts is well and truely up there and both times I watched them do it from my office window.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    afs wrote:
    I am from Nottingham and have had 2 bike stolen in the last 2 months, so I very much believe that Notts is well and truely up there and both times I watched them do it from my office window.

Did you film them with your camera phone?

You should have, then if one of them fell over or something you could have sent it in to You've Been Framed to recoup some of the cost.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Londoners are 3 times more likely to commit theft than those scallies in the north west.*

(excluding Cleat)

I'll have you know my great granddad was a Sir....although in those days they spelt it C.U.R, hehe

at aintree I was victim of a crime - claire B stole my heart.....again. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Can't say Peterborough seems scary to me - it's just stuck in the 80s. Even Horsforth (a suburb of Leeds) has in the last 10 years turned from a fairly bland place, socially, to one teeming with new bars and lots of people not needing to go all the way into Leeds for a night out.

Peterborough on the other hand can be a challenge to find somewhere to eat in the evening. The bar on the Dutch barge is pretty cool but that's about it as far as I can see! It just hasn't changed at all!

Funny all the BBC bods complaining about crime ridden Salford when the crime figures are lower than were they were before :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......