boxhill closed for the weekend.

Yukirin
Yukirin Posts: 231
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
yep, that was me, standing at the bottom this morning with my bike. Soaked through, wind howling and being told in a rather aggressive tone that I cant ride up here!
Road is being re- surfaced so the zig zag is closed until 01/05.

And thats what you get when you dose up on mtfu on your day off and head out regardless of the elements!

Comments

• They don't seem to have publicised it much. If you're that full of MTFU the you should've headed East along the A25 and gone up Pebble Hill Road. A delightful climb that one.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Go up Juniper instead? The next right after Zigzag.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • We were talking to somone in high viz (an Olympics person) at the top last week and they said it was closed during the weeks but open at the weekend. Unless the works have subsequently been postponed...
    Nice weather bike: Fondriest TF2 (white/ black)
    Training Bike: Giant Avail (white/ blue/ green)
    Track bikes: Planet X Franko Bianco (white) and 7VRN (white/ black)
    CX: Kinesis Pro6 (sick green)
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    heading up tomorrow for a walk with the little man and then going to stuff my face in the running horses.
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Go up Juniper instead? The next right after Zigzag.

It will all be fixed up before I head down again. Working this weekend and probably wont have an opportunity to get outside the m25 until next Saturday. But then I want to go Hearn Hill induction weather permiting so maybe a fortnight before I head back that way. Looking forward to not having my rear wheel bouncing all the way up the hill though!