Problem with SID RACE

harrism3
harrism3 Posts: 19
edited April 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello.
I've recently serviced my SID Race M.Y. ''09 forks (seals, foam rings,lower legs' oil) and now i face a small problem. When i inflate both chambers with the psi i used to, the fork doesn't extend to it's full lenght (115psi positive, 115psi negative). The fork has 100mm of travel and now only 80. I inflate first the positive chamber and the fork extends up to 100mm but when i start to inflate the negative and the pressure goes over 50 psi, the forks starts slowly to falls until it falls down to 80mm of trave when i have 115 psi to both chambers. I want to say that everything else works fine. It's fuction is super smooth, the rebound works properly and the lockout as well. So, what do you think is going on with my fork??? One solution is to inflate the positive chamber up to 115 psi and the negative with 50 psi only so as i have the right sag and the full travel of my fork.
Thank you.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Add more to the positive chamber.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • harrism3
    harrism3 Posts: 19
    Thank you for your reply Nicklouse but i've allready tried this. It does not work. I have very little sag and the feeling of the fork is too hard.
  • try running the fork for a few outings then release both negative and positive air chambers and re inflate to your desired pressure, i noticed some thing similar on my 2011 sid forks when i changed foam and dust seals

hope this helps
    anthem x with many upgrades
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    One solution is to inflate the positive chamber up to 115 psi and the negative with 50 psi only so as i have the right sag and the full travel of my fork.

Err, why wouldn't you do that then? Right sag and right travel... that's set up right!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    harrism3 wrote:
    Thank you for your reply Nicklouse but i've allready tried this. It does not work. I have very little sag and the feeling of the fork is too hard.
    so then add more to the neg.

the first thing you HAVE to do is set the sag. then matchish the neg air give or take some PSI.
    after servicing any fork the numbers will all change as nothing is exactly the same which is why stating PSI is a waste of time.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown