Rockshox reverb which one?

hoolabloom
hoolabloom Posts: 164
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
hello folks, trying to decide which reverb to buy. CRC has 2011 version for £205 at moment. Am I right in thinking there were some problems with that years model. Basically do I go for the cheaper option of last years or save the extra for a 2012 version?

Fitting to. Pitch pro so assume I ll need the 30.9. 420 mm version with 125mm drop.
finally I know I wanna mount the lever left hand side but is it best to go for rh version and mount underneath or LH and mount on top?

many thanks
:?

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I have a few mates who use them, they have all had them replaced under warranty, one of them is on the third & it needs replacing again. Seals seem to be a bit weak.
    The Giant Contact Switch & Specialized Command Post both seem to be more reliable, I would go for the specialized one.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    As I understand it you can get some kind of fix/upgrade to the newer version. Not sure if you have to send them off or they just send the parts.

Looking at one myself. Germany seems to be the cheapest place to get them, coming out at £180-ish shipped.

But still it's questionable which version you get and whether you get the bleed kit with it. Sure you may not need or want the bleed kit, but the point is if it's cheap it may be because it's missing the bleed kit (worth £30) which is something to consider when comparing prices.

Some stuff on it here: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... discountde