Found helmet and prosthetic arm, Peak District

Julia3555
Julia3555 Posts: 2
edited April 2012 in MTB general
A black mountain bike helmet and prosthetic arm with mountain biking related stickers on it have been found together in a car park at the junction of Hathersage Road/Stony Ridge Road in the Peak District, near Sheffield. It has been kept by Woodseats Police in Sheffield and their incident number is 240 of 25th April. Anyone who is missing this property or who knows who it might belong to can contact the Police using the non-emergency telepone number 101.

Cheers.

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    must resist...must resist...
  • You would think the owner would notice that it was missing...
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Come on, don't just take the mick, someone give the OP a hand

(and helmet)
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Bet they are scratching their head wondering were it is, or maybe not!
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    They might have a different prosthesis for driving? But yes, it is a bit of an odd thing to forget... :P
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    They're probably sitting at home thinking "I'm sure I've forgotten something, but I just can't put my finger on it........finger........hand.......oh f***! MY ARM!" :lol:

Anyway, I hope it's reunited with the owner, can't be a cheap thing to replace.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    I can understand putting MTB stickers on your bike or helmet, but sticking them on your false arm? Maybe they wanted tattoos...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I don't envy the person that was happily walking / riding along and suddenly saw what looked like a severed human arm and a bike helmet on the ground :shock: :shock:

I would have needed a seriously strong drink after that!!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    I expect it was left by someone with particularly tight fitting tyres and was using it to hold the 3rd tyre lever! :idea:
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    whats that old saying..?
    about as much use a one armed man hanging off a cliff with itchy b0ll0cks :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    delcol wrote:
    whats that old saying..?
    about as much use a one armed man hanging off a cliff with itchy b0ll0cks :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'd heard the one about being as much use as Heather Mills in an ar$e kicking competition, but that's a different problem.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • dhobiwallah
    dhobiwallah Posts: 272
    Heather Mills is nothing more than an answer as to how you would like your coffee:

Julie Andrews: White- none (nun)
    Whoopie Goldberg: Black - none
    Heather Mills: White with one