New Bike Full Sus 1500 quid

taylor_1874
taylor_1874 Posts: 5
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hey,

Firstly I appreciate you must get sick of all the 'which bike' 'what is this' type questions. However, having fallen out of the loop a little any advice you give would be really appreciated.

I have a big bike and a hardtail and don't get enough use out of them so wish to consolidate them into a all-rounder full sus.

I have been looking at the Trance x3 2011, Camber elite 2011 (both in for around 1400-1500) or the outside bet a Cube AMS 125 Pro (which I really like the look and sound of).

Most people seem to recommend me the Trance, though don't really explain why. Looking through it the spec on the Cube seems to be just as good in most areas and would leave me with about 250 quid leftover to spend on pedals and a few bits and bobs here and there.

Here is a link to the Cube as I am aware it is a little obscure that model so people may be unfamiliar with its components.

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k1819/ ... 5-pro.html

Once again, any input will be greatly appreciated,

Taylor

Comments

• Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Cube seem to be well known for great spec for the money. I have just ordered a Cube LTD hardtail because it was better equipped than anything else I found within my budget. I can't comment on the Trance and my only experience with a Camber is my mate having an altercation with a tree on one at a demo day and breaking his collarbone!

I vote Cube.
  • Trees and me = broken elbow so maybe for that spurious reason alone and bump the camber to the back of the list.

1-0 to the Cube, cheers.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    I'm sure not all Cambers have an unnatural attraction to trees.. my friend is known as 'Calamity Swain' (swain = surname) so I'm sure him being a bellend had a lot to do with it! Just on value I would go Cube though. Spesh seem to have dipped into the bargain bin for components on their bikes in recent years.
  • Also, does anyone have an opinion on the Revelation Dual Position forks on the Cube?
  • anyone else have any input, it is really appreciated.
  • Jon Keir
    Jon Keir Posts: 1
    Even though I am in the same boat as you (looking for a full suspension at the 1600 price point) I won't hijack your thread :D

Just bear the Trek Fuel ex 6 in mind too. Rock shox gold air 120mm fork a nice kicker for that price.
  • BigLee1
    BigLee1 Posts: 449
    I`d go for the Cube as well, I got a 2012 LTD late last year and its excellent :D Shorter stem has made it a bit better imo but it was only £13
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    anyone else have any input, it is really appreciated.
    yes, buy it, at that price and spec its an absolute bargain :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Canyon Nerve XC 7, £1350
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    poppit wrote:
    Canyon Nerve XC 7, £1350
    if you mouse over the price on the link for the cube, a currency converter pops up, showing £1142 at the time i wrote this :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • trance all day long for me. Its the sort of bike you can do absolutely anything on.