What is my body telling me"?

bbug
bbug Posts: 83
edited April 2012 in Health, fitness & training
A few weeks ago when climbing a long hill some three quarters through an 18 miler around the Long Mynd, I noticed that although my leg muscles were burning like bu@@ery, i wasn't particularly out of breath.

I'm wondering what's going on? Am I fitter than i think, or is something bad going to happen?

Thanks

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    You were exercising aerobically
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    bbug wrote:
    A few weeks ago when climbing a long hill some three quarters through an 18 miler around the Long Mynd, I noticed that although my leg muscles were burning like bu@@ery, i wasn't particularly out of breath.

I'm wondering what's going on? Am I fitter than i think, or is something bad going to happen?

Thanks
    Just tired muscles.
    Try this, make yourself a large mug of tea or coffe, and hold it at arm's length with your arm perfectly straight, and parallell to the floor.
    Keep holding it there for as long as you can.

You'll soon find that your arm starts to burn, even though you're not out of breath at all.
  • Rankles
    Rankles Posts: 144
    It could be a number of things and it depends on your fitness level and how hard you've been training.

Best case is you're getting quite fit (I say getting as you clearly haven't experienced this before) and you're at a point where your muscles are tiring before you run out of breath, which is a good start!

Worst case you've been training too hard and your legs are tireder quicker than they normally would be because of overtraining. Doesn't sound like that though...