stu13284
stu13284 Posts: 22
edited July 2012 in MTB beginners
Hello just thought I'd pop a topic on here to say hello

Comments

• mossychops
    mossychops Posts: 262
    Hello

Where about in W Mids? I am in Solihull and looking for decent places to build up some confidence while I have no technical abilities at all off road (lots of road experience)
  • naffa
    naffa Posts: 126
    Welcome.
    I'm in Tipton nr Dudley, where about are you?
    Cheers Nathan.
  • Hi,

I am also a recent Noobie from W.M and found the trails at the forest of dean (the verderers trail) is a good starting point as its begginer-intermediate difficulty,
    http://www.pedalabikeaway.co.uk/advancedriding.html

Also closer to you theres the trail centre in Cannock which I havnt been to yet but I heard is very good,
    http://chasetrails.co.uk/xc.p

I found this video on another conversation about basic Mountain Biking Skills that I found useful.
    http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... =jAQGE5E5U
  • stanny_uk
    stanny_uk Posts: 147
    just get yourself off to cannock AWESOME.. build up slowly no heroics you'll be fine.. oh and you'll smile from ear to ear.. perhaps avoid busy times to start sat/sun am's gets a bit busy. friday pms are always a nice time i do that a lot..
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    Welcome dude!!

Leamington Spa here..

Let us know where your based :)
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • stu13284
    stu13284 Posts: 22
    Im from Dudley I used to live in Tipton I've been to Cannock coed y brenin and coed llandegla that said I still ain't that good yet still learning the basics, I also work in Coventry so if there's any trails. Ear I could meet up with you from leamington
  • jimmyboyb
    jimmyboyb Posts: 28
    I am based in Leamington also and just started out. Know anywhere near to leamington where I can try out some off road to start with please?

Currently dont have a bike rack for the car so limited by my pedals
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    The Bike Yard in Leamington does local rides, there's also the 4x course in Lillington.
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    Welcome aboard stu :) , just get out on your bike and enjoy it ;) .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    If you want to ride in Leamington the we run a social ride every Thursday night. We meet at The Bike Yard on Clarendon Street at 6:30 to leave at 6:45..

We also do organised day trips out along with others also organising trips..

If your On Facebook send me a private message with e-mail and Facebook name and I'll add you to the group...

We are an official club called RLSCC. Though non members are fully welcome and there is no pressure to join either... It's all about getting out on the bikes and having fun with like minded people!!

The experience level is also incredibly wide, from complete beginners to pro riders... However on a Thursday we only go as fast as the slowest rider... As they are social rides. Not training rides..

So come along and meet the gang :)
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • wolves lad here .. coseley near u naffa
  • Jimx26
    Jimx26 Posts: 147
    Welcome, I'm from Fradley Nr Lichfield.
  • Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    Another W-Midder here too. From Shrewsbury but spending my weekdays living / working in Birmingham. You've got cannock nearby as everyone says, though I disagree with the awesome bit - it's fine for a couple of laps but pretty uninspired. Forest of Dean is fun but i've only ridden the DH trails there, nice easy stuff. If you can get over to N Wales then coed y brenin is fantastic for a weekend and Llandegla is ok aswel if a little samey all the way round.

There's also a new XC loop at Hopton Castle, and the DH runs there are fine for an XC bike, then if you fancy dabbling with something more gravity assisted you're not far from some really good uplifts at Hopton, Bringewood, Bucknell, Moelfre, Revolution amongst others.

Not a bad place to live for a rider really :D
  • Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    Ignore that, I've just read you've been to a lot of them already