Noob from Lincoln

Bobby Gold
Bobby Gold Posts: 2
edited April 2012 in MTB beginners
Hi I'm Simon, 31 and from Lincoln. I've been a lurker on here for a while but finally decided to join up today!

I'm completely new to MTB but I used to ride a lot of BMX at skateparks and dirt jumps. Anyway, I've got myself a Carrera Vulcan as I'd read some good reviews about it, here is a stock photo of her...

So far I've only been riding it round the streets and stuff but really want to get offroad so if anybody knows of any decent local trails or rides please let me know, I've also heard Sherwood Pines is quite good?

Comments

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Welcome, post a thread up in the MTB rides routes section or just have a look in, probably already something for your area.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    There's very little in Lincolnshire. There are some woods around Market Rasen with potential for XC but that's pretty much all I know. Living in Newark, I've suffered the lack of mountains. So much so I feel a hypocrite calling myself a mountain biker.
    Sherwood Pines is good for beginners but quickly runs out of excitement for anyone with experience. Certainly get yourself there. Arrow Cycles in North Hykeham arrange shop rides where they meet up and take Pauls van further afield such as Dalby (another place for you to check out). There is a Sherwood Pines Club that run beginners, night, long haul and races too.
  • scarbs85
    scarbs85 Posts: 170
    Theres plenty of stuff to ride around Lincoln, it's just that it's all flat. It gets a bit boring but its better than nowt when you can't travel further afield. Buy an OS map and go exploring.