Aggressive driving at Tower Bridge in London this morning

spencer_uk
spencer_uk Posts: 26
edited April 2012 in Commuting general
Hi -

This morning there was some fairly unpleasant aggressive driving at the Tower Bridge junction at around 7:50ish. A cyclist was beeped by some chap in a black sports car at the junction, responded with some words and hand waving. I didn't really see anyone at fault - but nevertheless the sports car driver decided to rev his engine unpleasantly and then proceeded to drive at the cyclist to squeeze him off the road. Unfortunately I was turning off at the time but made a mental note - if the cyclist is on this forum are they ok? And should they need any assistance to let me know.

All a bit nasty really and a bit of a reminder that cycling can sometimes be a dangerous past-time even if you are watching what you are doing.

Comments

• Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    What next - "Cow in grass-eating shocker" ?
  • I know. It did surprise me though at the level of aggressiveness. I had never seen a motorist actively try to push a cyclist off the road by driving straight at him.

My point was twofold ... 1) surprise at the event 2) on the off chance they happened to be reading here then were they ok ?

To top it all off the ride home tonight was positively filthy in the driving rain and wind. A day of cycling I'll remember for all the wrong reasons.
  • skolsuper
    skolsuper Posts: 27
    I hate to think how bad it can be to ride a bike around London.
    I'm in central Cardiff, Rush hour here is a nightmare.
    I feel for you.
    All the best
    Let's be careful out there.