Hybrid Indonesia
Hybrid Indonesia Posts: 10
edited April 2012 in Your road bikes
20120425081129.jpg

please comment on my road bike

Comments

• kamil1891
    kamil1891 Posts: 658
    The position looks strange to me. I mean bars and the saddle. Are you comfy on longer rides in this position ? :)
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    What's the riding like in Indonesia? Good roads? Is there much of a performance cycling culture out there?
  • kamil1891 wrote:
    The position looks strange to me. I mean bars and the saddle. Are you comfy on longer rides in this position ? :)

ya i enjoy with this position, what do you think should be changed positions and upgrade?
  • GiantMike wrote:
    What's the riding like in Indonesia? Good roads? Is there much of a performance cycling culture out there?
    ya in Indonesia mostly uses an aluminum frame because the roads are not smooth,
    but there are some use carbon frames like Pinarello dogma 6.0,what do you think about my bike?
  • kamil1891
    kamil1891 Posts: 658
    kamil1891 wrote:

ya i enjoy with this position, what do you think should be changed positions and upgrade?

You don't really have to upgrade anything as long as you are happy with your components :) Saddle should be straight/flat and bar ends should be horizontal as well. But it's better for you to ride this bike as it is, because I suspect that the hoods feel ok but if you have moved them accordingly to get the bar ends horizontal then you would find the position on the hoods not so great. To accomplish that you should get the bar tape off etc and relocate the hoods after adjusting the bars to the correct position.

Your bike is good enough. You don't need pinarello or any other bike, they won't make you significantly faster anyway :)
  • kamil1891 wrote:
    You don't really have to upgrade anything as long as you are happy with your components :) Saddle should be straight/flat and bar ends should be horizontal as well. But it's better for you to ride this bike as it is, because I suspect that the hoods feel ok but if you have moved them accordingly to get the bar ends horizontal then you would find the position on the hoods not so great. To accomplish that you should get the bar tape off etc and relocate the hoods after adjusting the bars to the correct position.

Your bike is good enough. You don't need pinarello or any other bike, they won't make you significantly faster anyway :)

thank you very much for the advice, this is very helpful for beginners like me in my country :P