I've been posting quite a lot

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
This last few days, but I'm on a few days break awaiting my hip operation, so after Thursday night I'll disappear off the radar for a few days. Should be back fornt end of next week though. :D

I'll miss you lot of reprobates in the short term.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    It's your hip you're having done, not yer fingers you lazy f*cker!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Hope all goes well Frank.

We ve all been posting lots recently, trying to get a head start before the price of stamps goes up.

Can remember my Ma (God bless) sitting on her double hip op at QMC cause she refused to have it done before my wedding so she could enjoy the day.

Hopefully by the time you ve rehabilitated I ll have got another road bike, have to Join you Random Man and L/L for a ride out . ( least this way I ll know I ve got half a chance of holding your wheel)
  • Aggieboy
    Hey Frank - 3 posts down from yours, someone's nicked your new forum name :lol:viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12850032

Good luck my'owd (whatever the hell that means!)
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Frank the tank
    edited April 2012
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Hey Frank - 3 posts down from yours, someone's nicked your new forum name :lol:viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12850032

Good luck my'owd (whatever the hell that means!)

My owd, pronounced (ode) is a term of endearment as in "My owd duck" :D Lot wiser now aren't ya mate.

You cheeky bu99er. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Good luck Frank - hope youre not going private or me and maxwell bygraves will be on your case

heres a picture of eric pickles

fat-main_1220290a.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    Is this your first?

I have had 3! Yes 3 replacements. The first one went wrong due to a bone infection - but thats 'cos I am ummuno compromised and you should be fine. I was back on my bike in 6 weeks after the 2nd. I dislocated the 3rd one when I crossed my legs whilst on the computer - and the lesson is... wait for it... don't cross your legs, its so easily done. But it 'popped' back in, literally.
    If you are limping and have sciatic pain as well as being uncomfortable walking or even getting out of chairs, the relief after the job is immeasurable. Make lots of noises about a good physioterrorist because he/she will be priceless in assisting your recovery. I had an excellent one at the Oxford Nuffield, what a hospital, all paid for by our 1st class NHS.
    Good luck and get your friends to assist in your recovery with pictures of Vicky P, C Balding and maybe sneak in some eccles cakes and beetroot juice - it would look fantastic going down the catheter tube on its way out!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Fingers crossed for you,

I got my knee op date today. I'm gonna spend my 21st wedding anniversary drugged up & surrounded by nurses :P
  • Frank the tank
    Fingers crossed for you,

I got my knee op date today. I'm gonna spend my 21st wedding anniversary drugged up & surrounded by nurses :P

Sounds like a good party mate, any hope of an invite. :D
    Tail end Charlie

• OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    That'll teach you not to go private! :wink:
    Best of British, especially if it's Kings Mill you're going to! :wink:
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Good luck Frank. Ill miss your marmite* like presence on here, but as Aggie say's, nothing wrong with your fingers you tart! Unless there's ten special nurses on the ward you should have at least one left to type with :wink:

*I should hate you, but I love you really.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Good luck with your Op Frank, take it easy on recuperation and remember beer is good for you. :)
  • Frank the tank
    Thank you all for your "ahem" good wishes :) I'll be taking up temporary residence at QMC early doors tommora (bar it be cancelled) and I really hope I'll be out Tuesday at the latest.

I'm determined to get stuck into the recovery exercises and be back on the bike in a sensible amount of time.
    Tail end Charlie

• Anonymous
    Thank you all for your "ahem" good wishes :) I'll be taking up temporary residence at QMC early doors tommora (bar it be cancelled) and I really hope I'll be out Tuesday at the latest.

I'm determined to get stuck into the recovery exercises and be back on the bike in a sensible amount of time.

Good stuff. Good luck and see you soon.
  • Aggieboy

I'd like you out at the w/e as I'm partly funding it.
  • Anonymous
    Aggieboy wrote:

I'd like you out at the w/e as I'm partly funding it.

Put down the Daily Mail and pick up The guardian, I'm sure Mr Chasey will have a few copies knocking about. :D
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    Enough with the operations... Just fight through it. Type with your fingers or your nose. Not ya hip bone.