Torquay

Matutu
Matutu Posts: 20
edited April 2012 in MTB rides
Hey Guys,

Any mountain bikers around Torquay? Just getting into the sport and was looking for some different rides than around Cockington, wanted to know if anyone wanted to show a newbie the ropes or let me try and keep up!

Matthew

Comments

• camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    Hi Matthew
    there are a few of us that ride around Dartmoor most Sundays, and try and get to Haldon once a week as well for an evening ride.
    have a look at OTH-MTBers on Facebook where we post most of our rides etc
    also if you pm me your email address I will email you when we are getting out for a ride
    there are a couple of us that ride a loop around Cockington as well could maybe meet up for a ride around there at some point.
    Did you enter the Devon Dirt ride on Sunday?
    cheers
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Matutu
    Oh thats Great thanks.

Ill add it on Facebook.

Ah nope didn't enter that, I'm still very very new, I'm a roadie that has changed to off roading so still getting used to the basics! especially going over damn tree routes lol.
  • camerauk
    Ah you have come over to the dark side then lol

Yeah got to watch them roots will have you off the bike especially when wet

Have you got a GPS as I can send you a few routes if you want
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Matutu
    Yes had me off my bike already LOADS! lol. nice lots of cuts and scapes lol

No i have been thinking of though, what GPS do you use?
  • camerauk
    I have a Garmin 800 which has maps another of riders has a Garmin 500 both very good

we also upload stuff to Strava which seems a very good site
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • markp2
    markp2 Posts: 162
    If you don't mind a bit of a travel, there are lots of MTB routes around the Woodbury/Otterton/Sidmouth /Ottery St Mary area of East Devon. Woodbury Common is the biggest area but there are many miles of 'green' lane and bridlepaths as well.
    I did the Devon Dirt on Sunday - great ride. Recommend it for next year. There is a similar one called Dorset Dirt which is run from Dorchester in September - also fun.
    Cheers,
    Mark
    Genesis Croix de Fer - my new commuting mount
    Saracen Hytrail - the workhorse - now pensioned off
    Kinetic-One FK1 roadie - the fast one - hairy legs though!
    Cannondale Jekyll Lefty MTB - the muddy one which keeps tipping me into gorse bushes!