Ghost bikes

NEILHEAD
NEILHEAD Posts: 435
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hello, I've been out of the saddle for a while and am now after a bike again. My pal has a friend selling a ghost fs bike. Are they any good?
Never trust a man with facial hair.

http://neilhead.pinkbike.com/album/my-bike/

Comments

• Stu Coops
    Stu Coops Posts: 426
    excellent bikes and really well speccd my mate has i think its a 7500 cracking bike
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • Lisa101
    Lisa101 Posts: 33
    Ooh cool, which one is it?.. I'm thinking of buying one too :)
  • Evans Cycles in Birmingham currently has a Ghost AMR 7500 on the shop floor. It should have been mine but by the time it arrived in store I'd changed my mind and I have now ordered the Norco Sight 2 SE... Trail bike of the year :D

The Ghost's a great looking bike, I just couldn't resist the Norco.
  • Lisa101
    Evans Cycles in Birmingham currently has a Ghost AMR 7500 on the shop floor. It should have been mine but by the time it arrived in store I'd changed my mind and I have now ordered the Norco Sight 2 SE... Trail bike of the year :D

The Ghost's a great looking bike, I just couldn't resist the Norco.

Yeah I popped in on Monday for a look at the Ghost Miss RT...
    I was absolutely disgusted actually, in a store with hundreds of bikes THERE WERE ONLY 3 WOMENS MTB's! Terrible. And none of them descent. I gotta wait 3 weeks just to try it :( Evans Birmingham is not very women friendly at all!
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    CRC are selling some of last year's models off with decent discounts to. Tempted myself, not many reviews out there for Ghost bikes but the ones I've read seem good on the whole.
  • Hi @lisa101. I work at Evans and am really sorry you had a bad experience at our Birmingham shop.
    At the minute the store does have 3 women’s hardtails to 22 men’s. It’s supposed to have 5 though so we're working out what's happened. It doesn't sound like many, but actually it's more than the % of women's mtbs we sell because we realise we need to stock them to sell them... Obviously we'd love to have more of the high-end bikes in store but there's only so much space.
    Thankfully we have 20,000 more bikes in our warehouse deliverable to the store next day (for free of course) - hope one of these does the job for you
    Cheers, James
  • Lisa101
    Hi @lisa101. I work at Evans and am really sorry you had a bad experience at our Birmingham shop.
    At the minute the store does have 3 women’s hardtails to 22 men’s. It’s supposed to have 5 though so we're working out what's happened. It doesn't sound like many, but actually it's more than the % of women's mtbs we sell because we realise we need to stock them to sell them... Obviously we'd love to have more of the high-end bikes in store but there's only so much space.
    Thankfully we have 20,000 more bikes in our warehouse deliverable to the store next day (for free of course) - hope one of these does the job for you
    Cheers, James

Lol Hi James,
    Yes sorry, it's nor yr fault! I just found it shocking that's all... And after reading this post I'm miffed as to why I wasn't shown the Mens AMR to get a feel/look at the style of the Ghost brand!.. Oh well I'm still really looking forward to having a go on the Miss RT :)
    thanks for yr reply tho ;)
  • Lisa101 wrote:
    thanks for yr reply tho ;)

You're welcome. Hope the Miss RT does the job...
  • amdowney
    amdowney Posts: 8
    Yeah some of the reviews have been really favouring the Ghosts, gotta love the AMR 5900: 9/10 MBRUK review