Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Forum Experts?

ProssPross Posts: 34,833
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has particular forumites whose advice you accept as gospel on certain subjects so who are they? For me:-

John T for repairs / workshop issues
Alex Simmons for training information
Iain for advice on whether a race was good / bad and whether it is a proper race or a chipper
Frenchie for advice on whether a race has been won with panache and in a heavyweight manner and whether the winner is a True Champion TM
Rick for political correctness issues
Aggie for images of good looking, scantily clad women
Cleat for images of munters

Any others who can be classed as experts in a particular area of this fine forum?
«1

Posts

  • Think FF is also an expert on cycling shoes. :D
  • GiantMikeGiantMike Posts: 3,139
    GiantMike is an expert on...er..............hang on a sec..............oh yeah

    Erectile Dysfunction.
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 65,382 Lives Here
    Nice to see I got the cool one :roll: !
  • finchyfinchy Posts: 6,686
    Nice to see I got the cool one :roll: !

    Don't worry, Rick, you can turn your reputation around by pretending to like Jeremy Clarkson and UKIP.
  • ProssPross Posts: 34,833
    Nice to see I got the cool one :roll: !


    I was going to put you down for economics but there are a few oyher contenders with differing opinions and I'm too thick to decide who makes the best points. You can be the forum Boonen guru though.
  • t.m.h.n.e.tt.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    TheBigBee - Tubs guru
  • SimmotinoSimmotino Posts: 295
    Surely Eazy Rider is the go to guy for decals? :wink:
  • How about NapD for bike photography expert?
  • GiantMikeGiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Speed King - King of Comedy

    Bhima?
  • deswellerdesweller Posts: 5,175
    Willhub must be in there somewhere as a sort of 'anti-expert'...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Cleat EastwoodCleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    15Peter20 - expert on cornelius filtrum :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • MattC59MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    TheBigBee - Tubs guru

    TheBigBee - Guru of patronising posts to beginners and flying completely off the handle for no reason at all.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Stranglers Consultant, Nicensleazy!
  • rozzer32rozzer32 Posts: 3,683
    I can provide PTP advice
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • alihisgreatalihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Simmotino wrote:
    Surely Eazy Rider is the go to guy for decals? :wink:


    damn i was going to put this!


    Who is the 'Blame Wiggle' person? They can be the expert on blaming wiggle?
  • Simmotino wrote:
    Surely Eazy Rider is the go to guy for decals? :wink:


    damn i was going to put this!


    Who is the 'Blame Wiggle' person? They can be the expert on blaming wiggle?

    Speedking!
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 65,382 Lives Here
    Pross wrote:
    Nice to see I got the cool one :roll: !


    I was going to put you down for economics.

    I wouldn't ;).
  • ProssPross Posts: 34,833
    DesWeller wrote:
    Willhub must be in there somewhere as a sort of 'anti-expert'...

    He's the expert on budget nutrition. Who can ever forget his signature dish of microwaved Mars bar? I'm sure it's just a coincidence that he was also regularly complaining about minor health issues :lol:
  • ProssPross Posts: 34,833
    MattC59 wrote:
    TheBigBee - Tubs guru

    TheBigBee - Guru of patronising posts to beginners, even though he's f***ing clueless about all cycling matters and flying completely off the handle for no reason at all.

    Fixed that for you.
  • MattC59MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Pross wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    TheBigBee - Tubs guru

    TheBigBee - Guru of patronising posts to beginners, even though he's f***ing clueless about all cycling matters and flying completely off the handle for no reason at all.

    Fixed that for you.

    Good point well made, and when you read his 'how old are the beginners' thread, the tripe he comes out with is quite astonishing. He appears to have appointed himself the God Father and ultimate authority on the forum.

    In fact, his presence alone makes this thread null and void. :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • ProssPross Posts: 34,833
    MattC59 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    TheBigBee - Tubs guru

    TheBigBee - Guru of patronising posts to beginners, even though he's f***ing clueless about all cycling matters and flying completely off the handle for no reason at all.

    Fixed that for you.

    Good point well made, and when you read his 'how old are the beginners' thread, the tripe he comes out with is quite astonishing. He appears to have appointed himself the God Father and ultimate authority on the forum.

    In fact, his presence alone makes this thread null and void. :lol:

    Just visited that thread for the first time since it started. Jeez, it's tedious - not so much loads of people saying basically the same thing as the American style cheerleading by the BigBee anytime someone replies. I think he shot his load when someone said they rode 120km once a week! Plus the attempts to analyse the responses and concluding that people of all ages cycle and that most do it for fitness and because they like it - surely that should have made it into some technical report on cycling in the UK with such professional and astute deductions?
  • GiantMikeGiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Link?
  • MattC59MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    GiantMike wrote:
    Link?

    Fill yer boots: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40020&t=12771181

    Some of the most condescending, ill informed tripe on this forum, and that's quite a feat !!!
    :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • ProssPross Posts: 34,833
    GiantMike wrote:
    Link?

    For some reason it's a sticky at the top of the beginners section. I wouldn't bother wasting time doing anything other than skim read it though!
  • markos1963markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    How about Frank The Tank for all things Sociallist?

    And of course Bhima for banana related items
  • random manrandom man Posts: 1,518
    Mroli is 100 Climbs expert

    Andy Miller is a touring & expedition guru.
  • ProssPross Posts: 34,833
    markos1963 wrote:
    How about Frank The Tank for all things Sociallist?

    And of course Bhima for banana related items

    I think Frank possibly has to settle for the deputy roll as Maxwell Bygreaves gets the top job (they will obviously both get high salaries similar to a top Union leader and their deputy ;) ).
  • Cleat EastwoodCleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Vorpsrung = audax expert.

    Sheepsteeth = limes, liver and string expert

    P_Tucker = religious expert - every post began with 'jesus....."
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • random manrandom man Posts: 1,518
    Pross wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    TheBigBee - Tubs guru

    TheBigBee - Guru of patronising posts to beginners, even though he's f***ing clueless about all cycling matters and flying completely off the handle for no reason at all.

    Fixed that for you.

    Just to prove your point, here's his reply to my helpful post.

    viewtopic.php?f=40020&t=12846534
  • y33stuy33stu Posts: 376
    I particularly thought TheBigBee's response to a new forumite explaining which new bike they had just bought was one of his worst. It was very harsh - even for him! viewtopic.php?f=40020&t=12848884. Glad others took some offence at that.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
Sign In or Register to comment.