My 3 year old has cancer, and what I'm going to do about it

2»

Comments

• Extralight
    Extralight Posts: 136
    Good luck Jim. I feel for you, as a father, and as an Uncle of a beautiful niece who had a brain tumour aged 3 that returned when she was ten, who we've just lost. Who knows why these terrible things happen, but they can only make us stronger and cherish the gift of life, teaching us to make the most of every minute. I wish there was more I could do, other than the small donation I've just made. I hope William responds well to his treatment, and wish your family all the very best. Alastair
  • Big Jim1
    Big Jim1 Posts: 182
    Good luck with that. My son had stem cells harvested as part of his treatment in case he needed them later - fortunately he didn't. Sometimes the fevers are just a response to foreign matter in the blood rather than just infections
    Have heard that about the temperatures, though at the Marsden they have to treat all fevers as though they're bacterial infections.

He currently is fever free, but has lots of worrying red spots which may indicate Chicken Pox!!
  • Big Jim1
    Big Jim1 Posts: 182
    Extralight wrote:
    Good luck Jim. I feel for you, as a father, and as an Uncle of a beautiful niece who had a brain tumour aged 3 that returned when she was ten, who we've just lost. Who knows why these terrible things happen, but they can only make us stronger and cherish the gift of life, teaching us to make the most of every minute. I wish there was more I could do, other than the small donation I've just made. I hope William responds well to his treatment, and wish your family all the very best. Alastair

Thank you Extralight. I'm sorry to hear about your Niece. There was a 10 year old who's just come into the Marsden with a BT. I mean at that age you should be on your bike and with your friends, not having Chemo.

The whole thing is very wrong, and sad stories just make that so evident to me. :(