Fantastic "I pay road tax" put down

usedtobefast
usedtobefast Posts: 145
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Bit long winded to shout a some idiot motorist that's just cut you up, bug still clever.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... stcount=27
Trainee BC level 2 coach ... and that's offical (30th June 2013)

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
Quest carbon circa 1994 - winter bike
Fuji Track Comp 2010

Comments

• Excellent.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Like it.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    It's good but you just know the person they were replying to was far too thick to take it on board.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Genius.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Very good. Alas wasted on brain dead w@nkers who use the road tax arguement in the first place though.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    Quite an amusing rant, but fairly pointless as the subject of the rant is as thick as a whale omelette. I have yet to be on the recieving end of a car driver to go IPAYMYROADTAX postal on me, but I have a witty and spontaneous put down at my disposal. It will go something like this. "FECKOFFANDTELLSOMONEWHOGIVESAFECK". I expect that'll learn 'em?
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Excellent.
  • I've just read my OP. Note to self double check spelling and grammar before posting from a tablet.
    Trainee BC level 2 coach ... and that's offical (30th June 2013)

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Quest carbon circa 1994 - winter bike
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Nice to see the message getting out on forums with a wide range of users. Hopefully it will gradually start to sink in with non-cyclists if they see it repeated enough. People seem to genuinely not know that it is just a general tax. Perhaps the CTC could fund and advertising campaign to that effect? Maybe The Times on their cycling crusade could help fund it?
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Good point, well presented.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    It's good but you just know the person they were replying to was far too thick to take it on board.

Yep - if 'Sam1970' was a knife, he'd definitely be the butter knife......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    Nice one.

Following the logic of "You don't pay road tax therefore you shouldn't use the road" the next question has to be "OK so what are you going to do with all the cars that now don't pay road tax, make them drive on the pavement?"
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!