bikefix

alansd1980
alansd1980 Posts: 201
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
Anyone used bikefix in bloomsbury before?

Went in today and asked if they had anything that would fit the brief for my current search for n+1
The guy behind the counter could barely hide his distain and said yes but its expensive... what a cock. He tried to tell me you couldnt get drop bar shifters for an alfine or rohlof hub... think he might be talking crap then showed me some other things but was totally put off by his attitude.

I work about 50 yards from the shop and will continue to walk past to go to condor or the cycle surgery in holborn after this experience!
Banstead in Surrey to Russell square and back
FCN 4

Comments

• corshamjim
    corshamjim Posts: 234
    IME that's simply how every bicycle shop will treat you if you ask for something outside what they want to sell you. :lol:

Good luck with your n+1 - it sounds like my sort of bicycle.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I work right by them too. Waste of space. Bad attitude and bad service.

If you want kit go to Condor, if you want stuff doing go to London Bike Workshop, just on other side of Greys Inn Rd (I really rate these guys, super helpful, great value and turn stuff around really quick.)
  • alansd1980
    alansd1980 Posts: 201
    Never been in the bike workshop but might drop in because according to their website the stock genesis bikes which I cant find anywhere!

I have been going into condor for a while now, normally wouldnt buy anything full price but the sale rail always has some bargains. Just need to remember to leave the reciept and packaging at work!
    Banstead in Surrey to Russell square and back
    FCN 4