road bike user

Hybrid Indonesia
Hybrid Indonesia Posts: 10
edited April 2012 in Road beginners
how to ride so as not to get tired,help me please!

Comments

• Duffer65
    Duffer65 Posts: 341
    I think 'we' need a few more details about how and/or why you are getting tired.
    Where would you be if you fell down a hole?.. Stuck down a hole... in the fog... Stuck down a hole, in the fog, at night... WITH AN OWL!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    eeeeerm..................

giant_lite_electric_bike.jpg
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    Stick to downhills only

:roll:
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    how to ride so as not to get tired,help me please!
    Seriously there is no such thing. Cycling is a physical pass time and requires a level of fitness and training. Over time your fitness will increase, your legs will develop muscle and you will find it easier.

Ensure that you are well hydrated, ensure that you have rest days, build up your training and don't expect to be able to compete with the pros from day 1.

The only other tip is to maintain a high cadence.
    "Pushing" vs. "Spinning"
    "Pushing" a high gear at a slow cadence is like power lifting. It is good for building up muscle mass and bulking up your legs, but it does little for your heart or lungs, and you can hurt yourself if you overdo it.

"Spinning" a lower gear at a rapid cadence is more like swimming. The rapid motion, with many repetitions makes the legs supple and flexible, it is highly aerobic, and the light pressure that goes with this style reduces wear and tear on the joints. With practice "spinning" becomes easier and more comfortable.
    http://sheldonbrown.com/gears.html
  • thank you very much your explanation really helped me, my road bike element with shimano sora groupset, and you?