Fox TALAS 32 150 or 36 160 on Santa Cruz Blur LTc?

2»

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I love disagreeing with you lol. But again, it comes down to the fact that some people like them that way. The geometry might suit them. Or the stiffer feeling fork. Or they don't want 160mm of rear travel. So many reasons. Travel does not have to match.

My Mongoose was ran at 130 front, 100 back. Is that wrong too?

I think there is to much pigeon holing of what travel/bikes/forks are made for here. There is a lot of overlap in what they are for, nevermind our preferences.
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    Interesting that TALAS has been slated. In the last year I've ridden with 32 Vanillas (RLC FIT), 32 RL Float, 36 Floats (RLC FIT) and now a set of 36 TALAS RLC FIT. I've found myself using the TALAS quite a bit on longer or technical climbs to help keep the front end planted. I'm not sure I missed it on the Floats though and that I only use it of its there but it certainly seems useful and I haven't found a downside apart from forgetting to switch to full travel on descents!! :oops:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    TALAS used to be quite a notchy fork - but the new cartridge, and kashima coating have smoothed it quiet a lot. Travel adjust works for some, who is to say it is a bad thing if they use it?
  • kodo28
    kodo28 Posts: 13
    lawman wrote:
    As I previously posted, why people fit 160 or longer forks to 140mm frames is beyond me, especially on the likes of santa cruz, yeti, ibis etc when they have dedicated 160mm bikes in their line-up. If you want a bike to fit a 160mm 36 too, then you probably would have bought a nomad, asr7, or mojo HD over an ltc, 575 or mojo sl. a bike like an ltc is definitely best with a 150mm fork. As I say a 34 adjusted to 150mm would be perfect

It depend on your playing ground 8)

Take a look on ST site on butcher F.A.Q, Santa recommend 160mm fork for the butcher :wink:

"For all around trail riding, a 150mm fork will be great. For more aggressive riding or terrain, we recommend a 160mm fork for added confidence and control."