Nerve XC bland?

equinefunk
equinefunk Posts: 323
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
I was considering a replacement Trail Bike & looking at a couple of bikes on the WMB Trail Bike of the Year Shortlist. After seriously considering the Nerve XC 9.0 I was reading a couple of posts on here & elsewhere & also viewing WMB Video Review, is it a bit bland? Guy Kestevan described it as a "blank canvas" was that a euphemism for boring?

I really like the look of the kit on the Nerve, but also like the look of the Norco Sight 2 but there is nearly £500 difference. I normally keep my bikes for 3 years so want to make sure it's the right choice when buying.

Any feedback from owners would be good.
I'm over 6' and have quite a large head.

Comments

• styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Its probably the only criticism they could come up with, due to the fact its such a good bike for the money.

I dont think any bike is "bland", as long asyou're riding it properly.
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Isn't it a bit like saying, "Specialized bikes are boring", which you hear quite a lot? Sure, they a big company and pretty common, but it doesn't make them any less fun to ride.

Edit: having now watched the Canyon review video, he doesn't even say it as a negative. It's more like, "It's a great bike, that'll do anything you ask it to."
  • equinefunk
    equinefunk Posts: 323
    Thanks, I think that geometry can make a bike mundane, but it's probably more down to the rider.

I don't think I was saying that WMB were saying it as a negative as such, but I thought he was intimating it was very neutral.
    I'm over 6' and have quite a large head.