BMC Pro Machine

kamil1891
kamil1891 Posts: 658
edited April 2012 in Your road bikes
I don't think this bike needs any introduction, there are plenty of them on this forum already. It's my best bike for racing, currently for training and any other riding too. I find it unbelivabely stiff, sometimes to the point it's not so pleasant but anyone who has ridden this bike knows that this bike was not designed for comfort! However, I'm finding it comfortable, especially after a fit at Adrian Timmis, which I'm so happy with. This bike is a proper allrounder and most of the reviews I've read confirm that. Not the most agressive, yet very responsive, climbes brilliantly and descends as good. I simply love this bike :D

Specs as follow:

BMC Pro Machine 57cm
Seatpost, Handlebars, Stem: Easton EC70 exception of alloy stem - However I don't like that aero handlebar's drops...
Groupset: Sram RED with exception of Force brakes and Ultegra cassette
Wheelset: CycleOps PowerTap PRO alloy (the current 2012 model with A23 rims, 32h)
Tyres: Michelin Pro3 race with Michelin's latex tubes - this combo gives the fastest feeling I've ever ridden
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR carbonio kit - very light and sooo comfy :)
Extras: Elite carbon bottle cages, garmin 500, shimano 105 pedals and that's it :)

Weight have been better but at the moment as seen with powertap wheels is around 7.7kg. Not that bad anyway :)

5.jpg
4.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Comments

• rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Having seen more of these now, I do like them :)
  • i've got one in the same colour too, i love it. i actually find there to be a bit of flex in it, but not so much that the bike seems slack :)

yours looks great!
  • greeny1
    greeny1 Posts: 106
    Snap. same bike here! yes I agree there is a little flex but not too much, bit of a jack of all trades but lovely all rounder. When I ride mine into the ground and do buy a new bike id definatley consider another BMC. Get some vitorra open corsas on that bad boy!
  • kamil1891
    Nice to see quite a few owners here :)

The only flex I can notice is in the front end area, bars and fork and it's really minimal at the sprints and as I've said I don't like these bars, they are comfortable only on the tops. May I suggest that maybe the flex you are guys getting is due to the wheels? I've had few pairs of training wheels and some were better some not as great. Current ones are very OK, probably due to 32 spokes in each :) Moreover, the rear end is really stiff! Sometimes it beats me up but I like the overall feeling so much, I even pump the tyres to f110/r120psi or now sometimes even more into those air-losing-latex-tubes (being 77kg) to make it worse? better? I don't know but that's the way I ride :). I've got another alu bike with 27mm alu seatpost and it's more forgiving that this one...

Sure, I would love to have some open corsas but I found good deal on michelins, so when these are dead I would invest in some vittorias! :D
  • greeny1
    greeny1 Posts: 106
    Agree kami, the flex is in the bars. fork and front end stiff. How tall are you can I ask? Im just under 6'4 and was between sizes when i tried them opted for the 59
  • kamil1891
    greeny1 wrote:
    Agree kami, the flex is in the bars. fork and front end stiff. How tall are you can I ask? Im just under 6'4 and was between sizes when i tried them opted for the 59

I'm 190cm, which is around 6'2- 6'3. Your size sounds right to me :) I've also heard that the bigger the size the more issues with flex but that's with any frame I suppose. I have to replace those bars with something in compact size, greater diameter compared to this ones and probably made of aluminium, as it should be stiffer but at the moment I don't want to mess up with the fit :)

edited: I have actually ordered new bars... Zipp service course sl were on big sale at Wiggle :D They should fit me much better than the current ones.