arrrrgggghhhhh the little devil

sloppycowpat
sloppycowpat Posts: 349
edited May 2012 in The hub
so

when i went to the shops for some essentials (brake fluid) i left my bike out side came back and a bl00dy dog had p'ssed all over my frame it stinks riding 5 miles smelling dog p1ss is not fun:evil:

need to wash it but i cant be arsed tonight, reckon i should leave it out over night and let the 'weather do the work'? or just wash it now/tomorrow but cant use the hose pipe, how the hell can Britain have a lack of water... seriously grrrrr :evil:
worst moment ever...
buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Bugger I must be a criminal. Hosed mine down tolday. Hope the man don't get me.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • :D naughty

sod it im hosing it my garage fooking stinks :evil:
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    but cant use the hose pipe, how the hell can Britain have a lack of water... seriously grrrrr :evil:
    So that's actually a real thing then? Wow. I thought the newsreaders were taking the pi**. (figuratively and literally)
    I'm certain you can use the hose to clean your bike, the rest of the country has had a metric fukkton of rain. If they tell you off, then just move somewhere that doesn't have cataclysmic water leaks in their water mains system.
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    the good old north south diivde being grim oooooooooooop north it always rains but no ban hose pipes oooooooooooop here...

i would try finding that dog and pee pee on it so it stiks of pee...
  • YeehaaMcgee
    delcol wrote:
    Good call.
    It's not grim up north, it's just nice and moist. Like a good cake :lol:
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    all you need is to squirt lemon juice in its eye balls.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    bobpzero wrote:
    How does that solve a hosepipe ban?
  • cooldad
    bobpzero wrote:
    How does that solve a hosepipe ban?
    It's an Irish thing, obviously.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Waste of pancake topping if you ask me.
  • cooldad
    Am I allowed to suggest you don't have a good pancake topping in you, in the Hub?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    cooldad wrote:
    Am I allowed to suggest you don't have a good pancake topping in you, in the Hub?
    I think it would be better if you did, just in case we are allowed.

And I'll reply in kind... I've had more good pancake toppings than you've hat hot dinners.
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    delcol wrote:
    Good call.
    It's not grim up north, it's just nice and moist. Like a good cake :lol:
    or like a essex girl. :wink: :P
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Are you sure you're in a hose pipe ban area? I'm in the south but not affected.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Ian43
    Ian43 Posts: 172
    edited May 2012
    Seriously how can you have a hosepipe ban when there are 1000's of hand car wash's all over the country with more springing up every day using thousands of gallons of water daily, are they banned from using hosepipes or Karcher jet washers I doubt it !!!!. We have al least ten in our local area alone and I pass them on my way to work, Garage car washes are also exempt from the ban.

That's where all the water is going, none of this dry winter nonsense.

Rant over.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Ian43 wrote:
    Seriously how can you have a hosepipe ban when there are 1000's of hand car wash's all over the country labour with more springing up every day using thousands of gallons of water daily, are they banned from using hosepipes or Karchers jet washers I doubt it !!!!. We have al least ten in our local area alone and i pass them on my way to work, Garage car washes are also exempt from the ban.

That's where all the water is going, none of this dry winter nonsense.

Rant over.
    Here's a thought.
    The reservoirs need a certain amount of rain to keep them topped up. There's has been far less rain than neccesary to keep them at a sensible level.
    Yet, there have been things like "1000s of hand car wash's (no idea what the hell you're talking about, honestly), all over the country labour"
    So maybe these carwashes have been using the water? Maybe if they weren't around then the southern hosepipe ban wouldn't be needed.

(that's not the be-all and end-all of it, but it does kind of match with your childish rant)
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    The ones in my locality also recycle a lot of the water they use. I'd also imagine their water rates are higher.

I'm staggered at the amount of people who don't see that 3 weeks of rain doesn't outweight 3 dry months over winter and if I see another facebook status with some gimp posting

hosepipe ban???

I'm going to get stabby.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • YeehaaMcgee
    t0pc4t wrote:
    The ones in my locality also recycle a lot of the water they use. I'd also imagine their water rates are higher.

I'm staggered at the amount of people who don't see that 3 weeks of rain doesn't outweight 3 dry months over winter and if I see another facebook status with some gimp posting

hosepipe ban???

I'm going to get stabby.
    The really, REALLY stupid thing is that when water was a national utility, there were plans in place to pipe water from the moist areas of the UK, to supply the Southeast during drier times.
    But then everything got privatised, and was suddenly run by companies who were competing with each other, so any likely cooperation got shot straight down.
    It was such a forward thinking idea, you know, waaaay back int he 70s, that it's been re-thunk again now, almost 40 years later.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Having a plan and actually doing it are two different things though. We didn't even have an accurate map of our sewage network until the 1990's, which would probably have been useful. Moving water in bulk is extremely difficult, and although you could design a system so that the water running down hills generated hydroelectricity to pump the water going over hills you'd almost certainly still need to put more energy in. It would be very expensive to construct and maintain, and then it might not even be needed.

I'm not sure that the fact that the water industry has been privatised would make this more difficult than it already is. The issue of who pays for it to be done would still exist.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    EH_Rob wrote:
    It would be very expensive to construct and maintain, and then it might not even be needed.

I'm not sure that the fact that the water industry has been privatised would make this more difficult than it already is. The issue of who pays for it to be done would still exist.

It was needed then, and it's still needed now. By "plans", I mean the whole thing was ready to begin work. The design and planning stage was completed, including land ownership, funding etc.
    Since it was a national, government run utility, it would have been government paid. Of course, they would have got the money back eventually in taxes. As the situation is now, it will likely end up with the government having to pay for it regardless, but the water companies are the ones who will be making money from it.
    Also a very real, and stupid issue, is the amount of water leakage in the southern water systems. Profit, profit profit. Maintenance, you say? What the f*** is "maintenance" when it's at home?
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    all the water vans round by us have ridiculous claims on the side about how many leaks they're plugging each day (we're in Berkshire)

such a crock

Water should never have been privatised
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6