Where can you buy CST tyres in uk?

Shooting mike
Shooting mike Posts: 54
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
I've been doing some research into tyres and have read about cst being the parent company of maxxis. It seems some of the cst tyres have pretty good reviews but does anyone know where you can buy them in the uk?

It seems that for average Joe kind of folk like me, they are a well made tyre with good reviews without spending a fortune...

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    YOu can sometimes find cst tubes on fleabay, bring the same but waaaaaay cheaper than flyweights. Never seen tyres though.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I've seen them in my local halfords a few times.
  • Ryan Jones
    Ryan Jones Posts: 775
    With so many decent brands of tyres available for not a lot of money if you shop around I'd save the time and get something from a reputable manufacturer, after all tyres are probably one of the biggest ride-changers going !

CST i think were the stock tyres on my old saracen mantra which i've seen since on halfords apollo bikes, and they were rubbish
  • They're supposed to be the parent company of maxxis and they seem to have launched a decent range of tyres, the "caballero" supposedly being a very good all rounder..
    Just wondered was all.

Like you say, bargains can be had on some of the major brands but with so many compounds and wire, folding, etc. It's a bit of a minefield trying to work out if something is a bargain or just crap!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    CST the cheaper tyres out there.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    CST's (Chin Sheng tyre) are frequantly found on cheaper bikes as OE fit, the Carrera Vulcan for example and the low end Merida's, the reviews are 'reasonable' (for the price point) I think it's fair to say.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • 18 bikes in hope