Desert Island Discs

random man
random man Posts: 1,518
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Continuing the theme of copying programmes, how about telling us what your Desert Island Discs would be and why. In this version you're allowed 10 instead of 8 discs.
Also, what luxury item would you choose - no bikes allowed, that would be too obvious - and what book.

My discs would be:

Neil Young - Hey Hey My My (Out Of The Blue and Into The Black) - one of the best tracks ever, from one of the greatest artists ever
Daftpunk - One More Time - to remind me of my younger daughter dancing

Undertones - Teenage Kicks - great song, I persuaded my son to play this with his band when he was 14 and they were great

Bob Marley - Three Little Birds - got to have a bit of Bob and this has some very personal memories.

The Jam - Going Underground - simply because I have to have a Weller song

The Beatles - Revolution - my favourite Beatles track

Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing - a sublime piece of guitar from the greatest guitarist

Leonard Cohen - Suzanne - a beautiful song named after my other daughter

David Bowie - Starman - I saw Bowie in 1971 and he just made everyone else sound boring

Stevie Wonder - Superstition - cos Stevie's the man and you gotta get funky

My book would be One Man & His Bike by Mike Carter because it just sums up perfectly the joy and misery of cycling.

My luxury would be a guitar, you never know, I might learn to play something.

Comments

• byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    I'm not likely to ever get stuck ona desert island or anywhere else remote but here goes -

I Knew Here - Alex Tiuniaev - 4 minutes + of pure bliss

The whales Heart - Half Makeshift - slowly builds up to a wall of feedback then down again, just like life

Track 2 - Resignation - If angels existed, this is what they would sound like

Dig - Mudvayne - How to deal with stupid people

Why Are You Being So Resonable Now? - The Wedding Present - happy days!

It's On - Flowered Up - The sound of August '91 and my wedding

The Grey Massacre - Sinister - great for headbanging

Rez - Underworld - Just a great tune full stop

Joy Division Ovengloves - Half Man Half Biscuit - lol

24 Hour Garage People - Half Man Half Biscuit - lol even more

My book would be The Satanic Bible by Anton LeVey because it's right and the bible isn't

my luxury item would be my MP3 player so I can listen to the above tunes. Over & out.
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8