Boardman Urban MTB

fergo
fergo Posts: 56
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Anyone got a Boardman Urban MTB £600 at Halfords. Would be used for light trails, bridleways, canals, few wooded areas, obviously not extreme DH type off road. Having read the BR review they recommend mtb tyres for upgrade as it comes with slicks.

Just wondered if anyone had one and how they find the ride...

Cheers

Comments

• waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    I think someone over on HotUKDeals was buying one when it was listed on there recently. Go take a look and search for it and you should find the thread
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • Slamdunkin
    Slamdunkin Posts: 355
    As you only want it for lightish trails and footpaths, the weight saving on the Urban would be more advantageous to you rather than forks over spec'd for your use. The Urban is a light bike and will help you fly along the terrain you intend to ride.

If you then find yourself doing more rugged stuff then you can always buy a set of forks in keeping with you newly gained perspective and passion for spending to increase your pleasure and ability.

PS....if you add NUSAPR12 at the checkout it will give you a 10% discount on the price.
  • fergo
    Thanks for the replies (and code!) may well purchase the Urban MTB...
  • swelsbyuk
    swelsbyuk Posts: 421
    Apologies for not replying earlier, only just seen your post. I bought an Urban Team last Friday. I have a Canyon Nerve XC for going out with mates but wanted something to use whilst riding with the kids.

I got it for £539, including a pair of Continental MTB tyres. I must say that, as long as you are not hammering it over rough terrain, I am very impressed with it. Very light, easy to control and a pretty comfy ride. Happy that it's money well spent.
  • fergo
    Thanks for reply, how did you get it so cheap with MTB tyres thrown in?
  • swelsbyuk
    Basically through a Halford's c0ck-up.

Apparently, before they reduced the price dramatically, they were offering the free tyres. When I turned up to view the bike, the sign re: free tyres was still in place. So, I ordered online, using NUS code and then rang the store straight after and asked them to fit the MTB Tyres.

They said offer was no longer on (ran out end of Feb!!) but would stand by their mistake and fitted two 2.2 Continental X Kings.
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    Nah the offer is still on IIRC.
  • swelsbyuk
    If offer is on, I say go for it : http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... m-11-45603
  • fergo
    heez29 wrote:
    Nah the offer is still on IIRC.

Whats IIRC? Sorry if its something ridiculously simple :lol:
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    If I remember correctly :)

Last time I was on the shop floor the coupon code was still there. (Work there ye see)
  • fergo
    ahh cheers for that, will keep an eye out for coupon!