Demo Days

cavegiant
cavegiant Posts: 1,546
edited April 2012 in MTB general
Hi,

I am currently window shopping for new bikes and wanting to try a large selection.

The best approach seems to be a ton of demo days!

Is there a list of demo days in the country, or an easy way of finding them?

I am only spotting the periodic ones, but there must be a calendar somewhere, probably very obvious too, I just can't find it?!

Any tips or advice?

P
Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

Comments

• cavegiant
    Went to the Dales centre one today, and it was great.

Tried out a Mojo SL (surprisinly poor) and a Mojo HD (fun but too similar to what I have).
    The Superfly 100 may be the bike for my wife!
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Orange list their demo days on the website:
    http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/dealers/demoday.php

Could try checking other manufacturers sites. Specialized dealers can get bikes in for you to demo as well. That's all I know.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • cavegiant
    Am off to the orange one next weekend, but am struggling from there?

I am hoping to find a list so I can try the obscure ones, eg Ibis, never woulda thought they had a demo fleet.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sure someone posted one recently but don't think it covered everything.

Manufacturer / dealer sites do list them, but still aren't comprehensive.

For Santa Cruz - http://www.santacruzbikes.co.uk/news/151

Not sure I've seen them mention the Pedal & Spoke days though, but they pop up a few times in the year. Maybe they're arranged last minute or something.

Outside of demo days, if there's something specific then you can try to find a dealer that's near some trails and demo for the day. Get longer on the bike though at cost (usually refundable when you buy, though maybe with a refundable deposit given the amount of thefts of demo bikes recently).
  • cavegiant
    Thanks, just put the santa cruz in my diary.

Struggling on any more though =-(