Trek Madone 3.5

p9uma
p9uma Posts: 565
edited April 2012 in Your road bikes
Me New Steed. I think its really rather jolly good.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1044232726 ... directlink

I hope the link works, my track record with this linky stuff has not been very good thus far.
Trek Madone 3.5
Whyte Coniston
1970 Dawes Kingpin

Comments

• ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Yup. It works.

Nice bike but I am biased cos I love Treks. Like the black and red colour scheme.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • p9uma
    ALaPlage wrote:
    Yup. It works.

Nice bike but I am biased cos I love Treks. Like the black and red colour scheme.

Thanks, 'tis a nice bike right enough, though I'm a bit of a Cannondale fan, I rode two Cannondales and four Treks and a Giant, within certain price bracket. All the treks were fantastic, as where the Cannondales, but the Treks just seemed that little bit more comfortable, I wasnt feeling the love on Giant. I went with the 3.5 in the end because it just seemed the best value for money. They are bloody difficult to get hold of, I phoned a load of places no one had one, in the end got it from my LBS!
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Funny that as I also couldnt get along on the Giant and of all the bikes that I have ridden the Trek remains the most comfortable riding position. I am in a fortunate position of having £4k to spend on a new bike and as I trial a number of different bikes the Trek still stands out. I fancied something with a little more heritage such as the Colnago clx or Pinarello Rokh or FP Quattro but none of these fit as nicely as my old Trek or the new 5.9 I tried last week.

Going to have a try of the Cube Litening with Dura Ace at Tweeks open day on Saturday all being well but currently the 5.9 is still edging it. :D
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    embed it! (don't know about others but i like to see the picture on here rather than clicking another link.)

Madone3.5+1.jpg

nice bike though.

P.s. if you don't know how -> click on the image in google+ to get the 'full' version, then right click and 'copy image url'

then put it into image tags as below:
    [img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-zZG5-TVs2Sk/T5LqP2JaobI/AAAAAAAAEcQ/IE6PU22pzbI/s839/Madone3.5+1.jpg[/img]

• the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Looks very nice. Been trying to find one to test ride locally, but no joy. Will keep hunting after seeing yours!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Lovely bike, really wanted the 3.1 as a first serious road bike! I love Trek's myself, just got a 1.1 with similar colour scheme.
    Lovely bike, enjoy it!
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • p9uma
    embed it! (don't know about others but i like to see the picture on here rather than clicking another link.)

Madone3.5+1.jpg

nice bike though.

P.s. if you don't know how -> click on the image in google+ to get the 'full' version, then right click and 'copy image url'

then put it into image tags as below:
    [img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-zZG5-TVs2Sk/T5LqP2JaobI/AAAAAAAAEcQ/IE6PU22pzbI/s839/Madone3.5+1.jpg[/img]

I prefer to see it here too, but I couldn't work out how to do, so thanks for the help.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • p9uma
    ALaPlage wrote:
    Funny that as I also couldnt get along on the Giant and of all the bikes that I have ridden the Trek remains the most comfortable riding position. I am in a fortunate position of having £4k to spend on a new bike and as I trial a number of different bikes the Trek still stands out. I fancied something with a little more heritage such as the Colnago clx or Pinarello Rokh or FP Quattro but none of these fit as nicely as my old Trek or the new 5.9 I tried last week.

Going to have a try of the Cube Litening with Dura Ace at Tweeks open day on Saturday all being well but currently the 5.9 is still edging it. :D

It's good fun test riding bikes, enjoy the process.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • p9uma
    Looks very nice. Been trying to find one to test ride locally, but no joy. Will keep hunting after seeing yours!

Good luck, I hope you can find one in the right size, the seemd to have been all snapped up since the good reviews in cycling plus. There must be one somewhere.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • p9uma
    Lovely bike, really wanted the 3.1 as a first serious road bike! I love Trek's myself, just got a 1.1 with similar colour scheme.
    Lovely bike, enjoy it!

Thanks Mark, I did my first 40 miler on it today, it felt like it was flying.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin