Merseyside CTC early season - 22nd April

Wirral_paul
Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
Hi all

Anyone booked on this tomorrow?? It is going from near Delamere Forest across to the Staffs / Cheshire border and up the climbs of The Cloud and Mow Cop. 74 miles so a decent length, but i'm riding there and back so expecting to hit 125 miles or so tomorrow.

I think i may be knackered by 7pm tomorrow!! :lol::lol:

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    yeah i saw this- cheap too - looks fun - but i'm going to see the giant in town. hope the rain stays off - report back too - be interesting to hear what it was like.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Wirral_paul
    Hey up Cleat

Yeah at £9 you cant really go too far wrong. So long as i remember to take the chip with me in the morning - should be a good ride. There's a fair few from my club doing it so i'll be riding at their pace (then probably dying on the 25 mile ride home afterwards!! :D
  • neilrobins
    neilrobins Posts: 102
    Hey Cleat you and the other million, apparently Liverpool was epic today. Really wanted to do this ride however new bike 5 days away and old bike going to new home tomorrow. Seems a bargain at £9.
  • Wirral_paul
    Well that was an enjoyable day even with the rain and at times, hail showers. Set off from Norley with 6 other club members and just chilled out following a group who had downloaded the route to a Garmin and ambled along to the first stop at about 30 miles where there was beans on toast and tea / coffee. After that it was into the hills around Mow Cop (route went around the main climb) and then up The Cloud climb so up to around 1100ft. The pace was gradually increasing until we dropped the groups we were in - just leaving the club riders who then started picking off some of the earlier starters. A fun run down towards Jodrell Bank and into the 2nd stop in Goostrey at 60 miles for cake and coffee (and watching the following group get caught in a hail shower) before the final 15 miles ride back to the start point. More coffee and cake to finish, exactly 6 hrs after leaving (including stops) meant a very relaxing day's riding with some lovely scenery and quiet roads.

Shame about all the wet roads but a nice route all the same - especially as there was no rush. Only £9 to enter including 2 cake stops and beans on toast stop - bargain!! 8) 8)

Does my Strava download work? Lets see...

http://app.strava.com/rides/7185400