Newb in Wakefield

scottwomersley
scottwomersley Posts: 4
edited April 2012 in MTB beginners
Hi everyone.
Ive been having a look at the forum on and off for ages and decided to join today.
I used to do a hell of a lot of mountain biking when I was in my teens (big 30 now) As usual work, women & beer takes over. Ive got my old GT Zaskar out, still looks damn sexy. I want a new bike but the retro GT will do me fine for now.

Obviously I don't know anyone on here so i'm just putting myself out there, I do need cycling buddies, not the fittest in the world at the moment but we have to start somewhere. I really want to go on some of the rides ive seen large groups do in the pitch black at night. Looks really good.

I live in Wakie, from Leeds originally, 30 years old and desperatly want to get back out there. Have a good laugh. This sounds like a dating column! I don't swing that way!

Ive put a couple of pics below.

Cheers!

Comments

• hi ans welcome

nice! i like the colour might want a shorter stem tho that looks very long is it a 120mm
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • Hi,

I'm 6ft and even after shortening the stem and changing the bars it still feels slightly too long. I'm currently getting used to Crank Brothers pedals. Fallen off twice so far.
  • I used to live in Durkar and have spent many hours cycling out towards NewMiller Dam and joining the trails there, plenty of riding around there.

I used to ride alone but always saw people out while cycling

Matthew
  • UncleMonty
    UncleMonty Posts: 385
    Hi there, i'm in Wakefield too (Thornes)

I see large groups riding about sometimes too, there's a local club called Badbrainsmtb who do evening rides twice a week, I don't know any of them, just stumbled on their website a while back and keep meaning to tag along, I have kids though, and a job with long hours so I don't get as much riding time as i'd like, I'd give them a try.