edited April 2012 in Your road bikes
7098361851_4d26e041fc_b.jpg

6952290982_f567a04f22_b.jpg

7098362263_5cd5906eac_c.jpg

49cm frame.
Sram Force Groupset.
Look Carbon Pedals.
Mavic Ksyrium SL Wheels

Still need to cut the steerer tube down, but that will happen when my new stem arrives.

:D

Comments

• wilty
    wilty Posts: 24
    Lovely looking machine, enjoy :)
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    oh. yes...
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Nice that, seriously needs some better quality pics though :)
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    haven't seen a pic of one thats not matt black before -> looks great though.
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    Crivens! That is a nice look machine.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • LiamW
    LiamW Posts: 358
    edited April 2012
    Cheers for the replies folks. Shutuplegs, you're right the photos don't do it justice, i will get some taken outside and post them up. Had a quick 25 miles on it today and there are few little issues to sort out, but it's a far more responsive bike than my old Roubiax.
  • LiamW
    7102758755_3e474a5559_c.jpg

6956688104_d18717524d_b.jpg

7102756815_5cd6d4420b_c.jpg

6956685936_2617276d2d_c.jpg

That's the most recent ones taken today after i cleaned it all down.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Very, very nice! Enjoy!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    It doesnt look as bad in the second set of pictures, but the stem height absolutely ruins it.
  • LiamW
    Well styxd you need not worry, as you're not be riding it to worry about the stem height.
  • styxd
    Im not worrying, just saying it looks gopping!
  • LiamW
    Yeah, so it does. Thankfully though you're in a minority of one, so if you don't like then don't comment. It's really that simple. Why not post up a photo of your own bike and we can all have a look and maybe try and find fault in it.
  • styxd
    Apologies. I think you're best off not posting pictures of your bike on a forum if you dont want peoples opinions. Im not going to post a picture of my bike because I couldnt give a shit what people think about how it looks, I enjoy riding it though. I dont really need people to tell me "I love your bike dude" for me to feel good about it.
  • styxd
    Also, get some deep section wheels, they suit the Venge much better.
  • styxd wrote:

And a bell. It really needs a bell.

Lovely bike mate. I'm envious.
  • LiamW
    styxd wrote:
    Apologies. I think you're best off not posting pictures of your bike on a forum if you dont want peoples opinions. Im not going to post a picture of my bike because I couldnt give a shoot what people think about how it looks, I enjoy riding it though. I dont really need people to tell me "I love your bike dude" for me to feel good about it.

That little bit in bold is exactly how i feel. Irrespective of how many spacers i have or not, it's a cracking bike to ride. I've only just built it so i'm still playing about with ride height, but i don't expect anyone to take that into consideration before any comments. :?
  • LiamW
    styxd wrote:

And a bell. It really needs a bell.

Lovely bike mate. I'm envious.

Was thinking of a Dennis the menace one, just to match up the colours. :D
  • LiamW
    styxd wrote:

Sadly the bank account is empty, i have seen others with deep section wheels. To be honest i'm not a fan, but i get your point, they do look well.
  • styxd
    That little bit in bold is exactly how i feel.

:)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    LiamW wrote:
    Yeah, so it does. Thankfully though you're in a minority of one, so if you don't like then don't comment. It's really that simple. Why not post up a photo of your own bike and we can all have a look and maybe try and find fault in it.

You're just causing trouble here posting a flash bike with spacers. Do us all a favour and have a vertebra removed so you can fit the bike without the spacers :lol:

This gives me a whole new idea - instead of getting a bike fit to alter the bike to fit us, we could just get bike fit surgery and have various bits of spine, and limb removed/shortened so we fit the bike perfectly without spoiling its appearance. I'm a genius :D
    Faster than a tent.......
  • beancounter
    beancounter Posts: 369
    Rolf F wrote:
    LiamW wrote:

You're just causing trouble here posting a flash bike with spacers. Do us all a favour and have a vertebra removed so you can fit the bike without the spacers :lol:

This gives me a whole new idea - instead of getting a bike fit to alter the bike to fit us, we could just get bike fit surgery and have various bits of spine, and limb removed/shortened so we fit the bike perfectly without spoiling its appearance. I'm a genius :D

That's a great idea, at least I wish I could get some bits of my spine removed, predominantly the bits that don't work properly....

Until then I too will have to ride my bikes with more spacers than some self-appointed "experts" deem appropriate.

Nice bike Liam :)

bc
    2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    2010 Colnago C50
    2005 Colnago C40
    2002 Colnago CT1
    2010 Colnago World Cup
    2013 Cinelli Supercorsa
    2009 Merckx LXM
    1995 Lemond Gan Team
  • LiamW
    I don't mind opinions on it, but i wish i was that flexible that i could actually drop the bars right down and ride away. Sadly though i know that it won't happen, so unless as already stated i get part of my spine removed i'll stick to what i have.

I can see where the original poster is coming from though, but it's fitted to suit me and no one else.

Thanks for the replies folks.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Lovely bike - ignore the comments.

Bike Radar its getting more negative opinions than ever, but hey ho, such is life. If thats a 52cm your bound to need/have spacers as the head tube is tiny. More than acceptable to me and many others.

I bet you go like stink on that. Enjoy your machine. Nice one. :D
  • si2k2000
    si2k2000 Posts: 61
    My friend has one and they just don't do anything for me and in a smaller size it looks even worse. By all accounts it rides like a demon so just goes to show looks aren't everything.