Paris Roubaix on ITV4

Mad_Malx
Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
edited May 2012 in Pro race
Highlights on Sat 21st at 9.55 apparently.

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    ?????

Eh?

;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Hmmm I wonder who will win. That Boonen is looking pretty good at the minute, I would say a Sky rider but they have a a tendency to mess their tactics up.
    Independent website - Rate and share your sportive experience
    http://www.sportiverater.com
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
    Well that went well - first thread and get the p**s taken.

Since I don't pay Murcoch for my TV I have to make do with poor feeds or ITV4. Am I the only one sad enough to watch stuff after the event? I would have been happy enough to have been alerted to the many free crumbs I miss.
  • yakk
    yakk Posts: 589
    Hi there, like you I don't pay Murdoch, but ended up watching it on some dodgy stream through Steephill tv (not too bad, no complaints - http://www.steephill.tv/ - it was free!). Thanks for the heads up, we all know the result, but at least I can catch highlights from the start.
    Carry on posting.
    Yak
  • Don't think it's gone wrong, has it? People can still be alerted to Roubaix in the schedule and watch it if they've missed it or whatever.

Anyway, my money is on Cancellara! :wink:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Mad_Malx wrote:

Since I don't pay Murcoch for my TV I have to make do with poor feeds or ITV4. Am I the only one sad enough to watch stuff after the event? I would have been happy enough to have been alerted to the many free crumbs I miss.

Have a looksee here viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12843356

Mr Chasey done good!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I will watch, (thanks) for one - I only saw it on a poor stream on the day, and certainly wouldn't have picked it out of the ITV4 schedule otherwise.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Mad_Malx wrote:

Are you on Virgin? I had there package that only had the same channels as Freeview - a bit of bargaining and an extra pound a month will get you Eurosport...
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Mad_Malx wrote:

Seems that people are taking the piss out of ITV4 for showing it so late afterwards, not you for telling us its on......
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Will give it a miss due to that Drone of a voice that is Matt Keenan - Eurosport please done EVER get this man on board.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Thanks for posting.

Yeah we know the result but I've just but a cup of coffee on and I'm going to while away a hour watching.

IIRC there was some sort of petition to influence ITV to show live the events they seeminly had the rights too as part of the TDF deal......
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • The entire TV coverage is archived on YouTube, as are all the classics, at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mrizzardo
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Much appreciated, thanks for letting me know, live streaming and even YouTube these days is painful due to broadband service where I am so this is vwelcome.
  • tailwindhome
    apparently we're watching Mr Tumble first.....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    LBL highlights on now