gloves help

wobbem
wobbem Posts: 283
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Can some one please recommend a set of gloves that have gel palm inserts and knuckle/ top of finger protectors, full fingered and not to hot in the summer. I am going mad searching CRC etc and my previous buys have been all duds.
Don't think, BE:

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    A lot of people I know swear by Specialized's BG gloves. Personally I find Giro gloves (Xen in particular) really comfortable. They only have a little gel pad in the heel of the palm, and they're ridiculously breathable and well-cut. The downside is the quality can be a bit hit-or-miss for such an expensive glove.

For the price of a set of gloves, I'd be getting them from an LBS where I could try them on, if possible.
  • wobbem
    You didn't read my post properly . Spec have no protection on the top, I'm thinking more down hill/ gnarl
    Don't think, BE:
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Aah, the one I was thinking of, the BG Fortress, don't seem to be made any more.
  • Fingz999
    Fingz999 Posts: 69
    Might sound odd but I wear Scott moto x gloves love them good protection but also vented well i didn't buy them for mtbing I had them from my old mx bike and needed some to go on a ride one day and they were to hand and have been used ever since
  • I got some Specialized ones with carbon knuckle protectors and plastic finger protection. They have gel heel of palm cushioning too with plenty of mesh venting to keep cool. Not sure of the model but can check later. I got them from leisurelakes bikes so worth a look there... Only thing I would say is I went for my usual medium but they are a little tight on the fingertips when I first put them on. They seem to stretch a little when warmed up though...

EDIT found them - BG fortress is the model...
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    wobbem wrote:
    Can some one please recommend a set of gloves that have gel palm inserts and knuckle/ top of finger protectors, full fingered and not to hot in the summer. I am going mad searching CRC etc and my previous buys have been all duds.

I bought a few from CRC and they are all very good gloves.

Bought a Royal Blast recently for a massive discount and it was brilliant.

I have some Troy Lee gloves and they are nice.
  • wobbem
    abooth2909 wrote:
    I got some Specialized ones with carbon knuckle protectors and plastic finger protection. They have gel heel of palm cushioning too with plenty of mesh venting to keep cool. Not sure of the model but can check later. I got them from leisurelakes bikes so worth a look there... Only thing I would say is I went for my usual medium but they are a little tight on the fingertips when I first put them on. They seem to stretch a little when warmed up though...

Perfect, but no longer in stock and seems only available in the US :(
    Don't think, BE:
  • wobbem wrote:
    abooth2909 wrote:
    I got some Specialized ones with carbon knuckle protectors and plastic finger protection. They have gel heel of palm cushioning too with plenty of mesh venting to keep cool. Not sure of the model but can check later. I got them from leisurelakes bikes so worth a look there... Only thing I would say is I went for my usual medium but they are a little tight on the fingertips when I first put them on. They seem to stretch a little when warmed up though...

Perfect, but no longer in stock and seems only available in the US :(

How about these....

http://www.mountainbikebitz.com/2012-tr ... 15997.html

They come in red too! Some others on that site but these look the most hardcore!
  • wobbem
    Nie try but no padding on the palms - inner hand
    Don't think, BE:
  • wobbem
    Found some, not specific for MTB but does the job perfectly. £18 on fleabay 8)

MW09_MMP_55_H_400x500.jpg
    MW09_MMP_05_P_400x500.jpg
    Don't think, BE: