Extra long cycling tights?

finnjävel
finnjävel Posts: 43
edited April 2012 in Road buying advice
As I'm starting to feel secure enough, I'm thinking about getting some long cycling tights, as cycling in trekking trousers is getting old. The problem is that I need length of about 38" with waist around 36", and i haven't found such products anywhere.
Any help, anyone? Maybe a place that does custom sizing?

Comments

• g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    If you have no luck - you could go for regular lycra shorts/bib-shorts and put leg warmers under them. There's usually a bit of overlap doing this so that should give you some play to get them long enough.

Alternatively, go for 3/4-length bib-knicks and show a bit of ankle :)
  • Ah, I didn't think of the leg-warmer-approach. Thanks for the tip.

Showing the ankle, while of course being visually extremely satisfying, would mean frostbite next winter. And maybe this one as well, I'm not sure it's over yet.
  • warrerj
    warrerj Posts: 665
    My wife's 4'10" and always need to cut 4-6" off the bottom of her tights. Maybe we should send you some offcuts to stich to the bottom of your tights :lol:

Failign that you could try 1 of the british companies and ask them to make you a custom pair (try lusso or Endura).
  • js14
    js14 Posts: 198
    I bought my cycling tights from Aero Tech Designs in the US, which makes cycling clothes for tall people and will send stuff to Europe. However their winter tights in a 36 inch waist are for a 34 - 36 inch inside leg length, so they will be too short for the questioner. Perhaps an email to the company might produce a solution. Another US company that sends stuff to Europe is Cycletall.com and I see on their website they do cycling tights but there isn't information on the exact dimensions.

Incidentally, I've bought cycling jerseys from both of these companies. Aero Tech stuff is a better fit for me as I have a long torso and long arms. Cycletall does winter cycling jerseys as well but they are only just long enough in my case. Before ordering, I would double check the measurements you require as sending stuff back to the States for a refund or an exchange is costly.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Finnjävel wrote:
    As I'm starting to feel secure enough, I'm thinking about getting some long cycling tights, as cycling in trekking trousers is getting old. The problem is that I need length of about 38" with waist around 36", and i haven't found such products anywhere.
    Any help, anyone? Maybe a place that does custom sizing?

37 inside Leg - Use Santini bib tights long enough with a footloop from www.prendas.co.uk ???????
  • I'm beginning to like warrerj's suggestion of using the cut off bits of his wife's tights. That would
    - provide modularity
    - be good for the environment

But while I'm waiting, I'll check the companies suggested. Thank you, it seems that there is more possibilities than I would have thought.
  • huuregeil
    huuregeil Posts: 780
    My inside leg is 37", waist 33" and I've always got on extremely well with Santini tights in L, I think an XL would fit you fine and, as mentioned above, they also have stirrup options. Otherwise, give Prendas (who also stock Santini) a call for advice.
  • Actually, I visited my LBS today in search of leg warmers, and walked out with Löffler bib tights in size 56. They fit me just fine. Maybe I have yet again overestimated my bodily dimensions.

And yes, I look absolutely stunning in them.
  • I also use custom-fit leggings, I got them from Viz Apparel, highly recommended.